Chatbot Linguist / AfroTech
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The AI Consultant / linguist will be responsible for building human language data sets to train machine learning models driving the chatbots. One of the key responsibilities for the Digital AI team is to build and manage chatbot and virtual assistant platforms to deliver conversational experiences for customers. The linguist should understand how all these platforms enable a good customer experience. They should be able to analyze historical customer interaction data and make decisions on how to use that data to build training data sets and train the models. Be a subject matter expert on ML model performance and tuning.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up within a large organization. Be flexible and adaptable – this is an evolving space, we’re going to learn, things will change. Be curious and creative – help us find solutions and chart the course. Be action-oriented – we need to roll up our sleeves, work hard, and get a lot of stuff done.
Required locations for this position are either 401 S Tryon St., Charlotte, NC., 1305 W 23rd St Tempe, AZ, 150 E 42nd St., New York, NY or 550 California St, San Francisco, CA. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This position will work remotely until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Business Analytics/Insights, or Digital Products/Program Management; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science demonstrated through work or military experience
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) disciplines such as Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: Building Chatbot Training Data, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Data Science
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large training data sets
- Familiar with utterances, entities, intents, classification, annotation, business rules and APIs
- Strong understanding on data management and annotation processes
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence (AI) industry trends and business applications
- Experience with Text Processing
- Experience with Version Control
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.