Senior Software Engineer - Answer Bot Flow Builder (Engine)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Zendesk, we’re always striving to break new ground with customer service software. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with the Answer Bot team in Melbourne. This role will be focused on the Flow Builder tool that allows Zendesk admins to configure a chatbot that can converse with end users on various messaging channels like our web and mobile SDKs as well as social channels such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
Why join Answer Bot
You’ll be one of the founding members of this new initiative by Zendesk, contributing to an early stages project with the freedom to experiment with new ideas. You’ll get the opportunity to work on an ever-scaling product, building a platform that needs to scale not just for our customers, but our customers' customers in a range of geographical areas (the product currently functions in 17 languages)
What you get to do every day:
- Write clean and maintainable code to support the team’s delivery commitments
- Take ownership of features and collaborate with the Tech Lead to design complete solutions
- Break complex features into granular pieces of work, to facilitate incremental feedback cycles
- Prioritise and estimate work balancing feature delivery with the management of tech debt
- Actively participate in pairing sessions and code reviews
- Work closely with Designers and Product Managers on building new capabilities
- Triage customer issues in partnership with Product Managers
- Provide operational support for our services in Production
- Actively look for ways to improve the observability, performance, reliability and security of our services
What you bring to the role:
- Knowledge of the Java ecosystem, preferably in highly-concurrent systems
- Experience with Akka and Kafka is advantageous but not required
- Problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
- A passion for software development and delivery
- A keenness for mentoring other team members
- Flexibility to pivot with changing context and priorities
What our tech stack looks like:
- Our code is written in Scala and Ruby
- Our services communicate via REST APIs and Kafka event streams
- Our platform runs on Ubuntu
- Our servers live in AWS
- Our services are deployed to Kubernetes using Docker
- Our data is stored in Aurora MySQL
Even if your experience looks a little bit different to this, we'd still love to hear from you!
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk.