Director, Product Management, Bots & Automation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a Director of Product to help define the vision, strategy, and execution plan for the automation capabilities that are foundational to helping our clients deliver incredible customer experiences.
As a senior member of the Product Management team, you will collaborate with multiple cross functional teams responsible for advancing our automation capabilities across ML & self-service bots, agent experience, and CPaaS.
You've had experience with bots, automation, messaging, workflow and/or customer service software and have previously built thriving SaaS products or platforms. You also possess the unique combination of technical and commercial acumen needed to deliver successful product strategy.
You'll be leading a team working across customer/market analysis, requirements gathering, feature development, and engineering team influence. The ability to drive decision-making, present convincingly to executive leadership and maintain focus on customer needs is critical.
What you get to do every day:
- You will be the head of product for our conversational AI and self-service bots capabilities working closely with engineering, product and design teams.
- Build a vision for bot and conversational automation capabilities at Zendesk in collaboration with our feature teams, articulate the customer & competitive landscape, and help us deliver a platform that meets those needs.
- Understand our current automation capabilities and spend time with customers to better understand what is working and where we have gaps.
- Collaborate with go to market, customer advocacy, and Voice of the Customer teams to understand our customers’ challenges and problems; obsess about making our bots and automation offerings intuitive, and our customers efficient and productive.
- Mentor and develop a team of product managers with deep subject matter expertise, while building strong and collaborative relationships with engineering and design leaders in order to deliver on your team’s vision.
- Develop and drive the implementation of Product Management processes within your org and contribute to the wider Product Management org within Zendesk.
What you bring to the role:
- You have been a product leader at a startup or fast-growing SaaS company and have previous experience leading PM teams.
- Prior practical experience building and leading high performance product management teams.
- At least 5 years of experience in technology within high-paced, agile environments, preferably in the B2B Enterprise space; including daily interactions with software developers.
- You are technical enough to talk shop and collaborate with Zendesk engineers and help set a product vision that enables your engineering partners to then build the technology vision, in doing so you focus on business outcomes and advocate for the customer above all else.
- Innately passionate about engaging customers in an effort to understand their business operations and how we can continually improve to meet their needs.
- Ability to lead projects autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your ideas to other key team members, including executives and other product and engineering leaders.
- Proven product leadership (managing PMs, launching features, etc) and the ability to make and evolve decisions in rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to travel (once safe to do so, of course) occasionally to Montreal, San Francisco, Singapore, and Melbourne to collaborate with other Zendesk teams.
Not your average tech company
Zendesk has all the stuff you’d expect from a tech company – competitive pay, stock, benefits, beautiful office, snacks, and more. We also have a culture deeply dedicated to helping our staff keep a proper work-life balance, from flexible hours to remote work, to the most forward-thinking parental leave plans on the market. Our Corporate Social Responsibility team is actively engaged in our community and enables us to invest thousands of hours with local community groups each year. We invest in diversity and inclusion so that our staff reflects the diversity of the world around us. We have a whole crew dedicated to ensuring our workplace experience is top notch and welcoming for all.
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best customer experiences are built with Zendesk.