Principal Conversational Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ADP is hiring a Principle Conversational Designer.
- Are you inspired by transformation and making an impact on the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you empathic to client needs and committed to leveraging research to create elegant, easy-to-use conversational experiences?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
In this role, you will work with a highly creative and intelligent team working on new innovative solutions for everyday workers. As our Conversational Designer, you directly impact and ensure the team builds experiences that our customers love. Your work will touch millions of end-users. This role is a great opportunity to contribute to projects that allow you to provide a better experience without limiting your creativity by what we already use.
As a Coversationtal Designer, you will use your entire range of conversational design, interaction design, and design thinking process to craft innovative solutinos. Our best Conversational Designers have a knack for taking a holistic approach to deliveing value and delighting our clients. You’ll use your keen curiosity to gather information to untangle client problems and understand that tapping into your team can provide the best outcomes. You have a passion for collaboration and savor thought experimentation and iteration in the design process.
To thrive in this role, you should have experience with IBM Watson, AI/ML, and promote best practices in the field of conversational design. Integrity, resilience, and creativity are must-haves in this job. As well as hands-on experience in architecting and building AI-powered chatbot applications using any of the following: IBM Watson, Google DialogFlow, Microsoft LUIS, Amazon Lex cognitive services or NLP technologies. As with any role in conversational design, you will have challenges that should inspire you to create something better, not weigh you down. We’re looking for an out-of-the-box thinker with a hunger to try new things and a passion for impact. You’ll be accountable for something significant: the uncompromising quality of products that impact people’s lives.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
What You’ll Do:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- As the conversational designer for the team, your job is to plan a sprint ahead, anticipating what the engineering team needs to build. You’ll do design planning with the product owners, engineering, and UX team/leaders for future work and backlog grooming. You will use your conversational design skills to create conversational solutions for customer problems with your team.
- User Research. You’ll incorporate feedback from client users into each iteration of work. Understanding the problem through user research will help you deliver the right solution, whether you conduct your own or partner with a UX Researcher. You have a desire and aptitude for spotting User Experience trends and turning them into enterprise recommendations.
- Facilitate Discussion. Your communication skills are vital to your success as a Conversational Designer, whether in discussions with engineers, client users, or peers. Being vocal in your craft is valuable to this role.
- You bring both your experience and understanding of lean UX and design sprint methodology to the role. We work in an agile environment, and you will be responsible for adapting and influencing a Lean/Agile approach to design. You’ll be a part of the agile ceremonies celebrating with your team after every two-week sprint cycle.
- You’re comfortable working on next-generation products with innovative tech stacks that may be new to you. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution.
A college degree is great but not required. What’s more important is having the skills and experience to do the job.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP’s culture and our full set of values.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Always designing for people.