Natural Language Processing: Full Time Opportunities for PhD Graduates
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more and when you begin your career with us, we empower you through the Microsoft Aspire Experience. Those hired into this role are invited to participate in this two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
We’re a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Artificial intelligence (AI) is dramatically transforming people’s work and life now. Natural Language processing is in the center of the transform. Our teams have advanced the state of the art in natural language processing, speech processing, deep learning, video game AI, and even computational historical linguistics. We're looking for folks who are smart, passionate, productive, and kind to join in our ambitious project. You will be part of an ambitious plan to reshape human-computer interaction with conversational AI. We believe that the current prevailing approaches to dialogue.
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
We are looking for a motivated, self-driven software development engineer/scientist to join our mission to change the world with Natural language processing technology.
- Address challenges in products through Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning approaches and publish papers;
- Track state-of-the-arts techniques, and keep lead positions in public competitions of various NLP tasks, including IR, QA, MRC, and Dialogues, etc.
- Explore fundamental challenges for NLP and make breakthrough
- Improve the speech output quality in terms of naturalness, expressiveness.
- Provides good guidance on core speech output algorithm investigation.
- Work on collaborations with Microsoft Research
- Drive the Natural Language processing output technology roadmap for Microsoft
- Currently pursuing or completed a PhD degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering (with focus in one or more of Natural Language processing).
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong software development skills, aptitude for process design Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.