Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
Replicant is building the world's first autonomous contact center that works out-of-the-box to solve customer problems over the phone using voice AI. You can think of Replicant Voice as a self-service, Thinking Machine™. Just like agents, Replicant is able to speak with customers in a natural tone, answer questions without delay, and deflect calls to resolve customer issues quickly. Now, enterprise customers can eliminate hold times, manage unpredictable call volumes, and give agents time back to resolve high empathy cases with a new, human + AI operating model.
If you’re excited by AI and human-to-machine communications and want to make an impact with great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. In the last year we've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 100x, and was named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
Replicant is an ecosystem for crafting conversations, with in-house deep-learning algorithms that allow our Thinking Machines to listen, think, and interact with the world. We have also built a suite of tools for conversation design and development, monitoring, testing, continuous learning, and constant improvement.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us scale the systems and tools that serve as the backbone of Replicant. As we grow, we need your help and expertise to iterate towards our next generation core platform and tools, orchestrating logic between the telephony layer, NLU engine, and business integrations to help our end customers to successful outcomes with human-like conversations.
What You'll Do
- Building a robot that can converse like a human is not easy. We integrate with multiple internal and third party services to ensure that a call is orchestrated seamlessly – dealing with various different transfer protocols and telephony systems, ML models, and services – all in real time with minimal latency. What this platform team does has a direct impact as part of a product organization to ensure we can support our business offerings efficiently and at scale.
- You'll work alongside a team that has to balance long term decisions with short term investments to keep the business running effectively.
- You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our product, design, and marketing teams to develop new features and improve existing products.
- You’ll be developing and maintaining large-scale multi-tenant backend services, help build front-end solutions and SDKs based on existing infrastructure.
- You’ll be expected to build and maintain solutions to monitor on-prem or cloud-hosted software and infrastructure operations and detect outages/issues in network or server environments; identify, analyze and resolve system availability, reliability, and performance issues.
- You’ll serve as a technical resource and expert across teams on industry standards and best practices to solve complex problems.
- You’ll help improve and lead the adoption of Replicant’s technical standards across teams.
- You’ll be responsible for mentoring, coaching and growing your fellow team members and other engineers across the organization.
What You'll Bring
- You have excellent communication skills and a vivid imagination.
- You are passionate about engineering and team culture.
- You have a keen eye for and experience with building understandable, testable and scalable systems.
- You have flexibility to learn and work across our team’s entire tech stack.
- You have interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
- You are an independent thinker and like to own and solve complex problems.
- You are interested in exploring the nuance and aesthetic of conversations.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in building and developing large scale systems.
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🌴 Unlimited paid time off, with a minimum of 15 days off per year
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous contact center that brings always-on, elastic capacity to every customer experience with voice AI