Sr Staff Inbound Product Manager (Chatbot Server/Infrastructure)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
The Emerging Interfaces platform team explores exciting new avenues to connect with users, including virtual assistants (chatbots), live agent chats, voice response, mobile applications, and more. Our goal is to provide innovative self-service experiences that solve any user’s needs quickly and efficiently, while providing vast operational automation savings for the organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Technical product management leader who can dig deep into the “behind the scenes” infrastructure and serve as the inbound product management team’s technical liaison to our Engineering teams.
- This role would own the underlying virtual agent and live agent chat back end, including server processing and the technical infrastructure for our integration APIs, data models, chat integration frameworks, channel and interactions management, and integrations with both ServiceNow-owned and 3rd party machine learning solutions.
- This role is very central to the entire product management team because every new feature would invariably require input/assistance. Each virtual agent or live agent enhancement needs to interact with the underlying server processing infrastructure, so your guidance and vision needs to drive how it all fits together. You would also need to work very closely with our developers to ensure we achieve our goals for technical sophistication, reliability, flexibility, and high performance.
- Any Virtual Agent cannot scale to tackle nearly any issue without the assistance of the latest Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning innovations, which has the potential to revolutionize this interface by eliminating the need to code for every possibility.
- Curiosity and passion for the latest and greatest turns into exploring what’s possible, and how to easily convey what most could not visualize becomes a critical part of this role. You will need to translate seemingly impossible capabilities so even non-technical folks can understand what it does and why it is so revolutionary.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years of software product management experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field; MBA and/or Master’s preferred
- Virtual agent, assistants (chatbots), live agent chats, voice response, mobile applications
- Experience developing virtual agent capabilities
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Experience defining and capturing product requirements and transforming them into a product roadmap
- Deep curiosity about customer needs and a track record in building customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Ability to serve as a team lead, and coach employees at lower levels
- Comfortable fostering excellent working relationships with customers, peers, stakeholders and executives
- Continuous crafting and refining of a compelling strategic vision and roadmap (always questioning the status quo); with the ability to build excitement and consensus across the organization
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and change
- Experience working with development teams in an Agile environment across vast geographies (e.g., crafting and grooming stories, working with Engineering to execute on development)
- Incredibly strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning, chatbots, and other emerging interfaces
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform and technologies a plus
- Strong preference to have team member in San Diego, CA or Santa Clara; however can sit remote
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A purpose-driven company, making work, work better for people guides everything we do.