Senior Software Engineer, Python
SmartRecruiters is a values-driven, global-minded, and well-funded tech employer on a mission to connect people to jobs at scale. As a global leader in enterprise recruitment software, SmartRecruiters offers a cloud-based global Hiring Success platform that allows teams to attract, select, and hire the best talent. 4,000 companies worldwide rely on SmartRecruiters to achieve hiring success—including brands like Bosch, LinkedIn, Skechers, and Visa—using recruitment marketing, CRM, AI, ATS, and a marketplace of 600+ connected vendors all within one scalable platform.
SmartRecruiters was recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in 2020. We are proud to offer a collaborative, diverse, and remote-friendly work environment, as well as competitive salaries and generous equity. We believe in promotion from within, so high performance can lead to upward mobility. Needless to say, we make sure you’re taken care of. Our inclusive office environment welcomes and respects all.
We are looking for a talented backend engineer to join SmartPal - the industry's most advanced conversational AI. SmartPal allows building chatbots for the recruiting industry that are based on Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing technologies. Our goal? Simple as that - to create the most automated and personalised candidate experience ever.
What you will do:
- Participate in the full life-cycle of the product (including problem discovery, prototyping, design, implementation and measuring adoption),
- Design and develop services with Python on top of Kubernetes/AWS infrastructure as well as connect to our persistence layer (MongoDB, PostgreSQL),
- Build and document developer-friendly RESTful APIs,
- And the most important - bring your own product ideas to life.
You will work with passionate people (our Engineering teams are located in Berlin, Krakow and San Francisco), so that all together we can reach one of the most important goals of today - to connect people to jobs at scale.
- You are an experienced back-end developer using Python, working with modern RESTful APIs and designing persistence layer (MongoDB),
- You are familiar with Amazon AWS, containerization software (Docker/Kubernetes) and monitoring/analysis tools (Kibana/Grafana/Prometheus),
- Basic knowledge of Java and Node.js,
- You have a very good level of English (both verbal and written),
- You have a good understanding of test automation techniques, because our goal is to automate it all,
- You share SmartRecruiters values and are willing to make an impact in the HRTech world.
SmartRecruiters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Hiring Success is business success!