Senior Human-Artificial Intelligence User Experience Designer
Human-Artificial Intelligence User Experience Designer
Every day, enterprises around the world focus on how to help their employees work simpler and smarter. At Oracle, we’re committed to creating a state-of-the-art consumer-grade enterprise experience that connects, empowers, and delights our users, and is the factor that distinguishes our software from the competition.
We are looking for full stack user experience designers who:
- Thrive on working well with others
- Get stuff done
- Are fantastic storytellers
- Love to learn
- Want to create dramatic and impactful change
You might have learned your craft via formal training or via on-the-job training. For most candidates, it’s a combination of both. As long as you’ve got experience and passion for doing this work at the highest level, we’d love to talk to you and see a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of.
Oracle’s Human-Artificial Intelligence User Experience Team is focused on designing human-AI interactions to make proactive and personalized products that improve people’s lives and help them achieve their goals. A tall order? Yes, and one that is vitally important to create the conditions for people and computers to work together to be more effective. We are as interested in leveraging new technology as we are in ensuring that the technology is robust, transparent, fair, ethical, and lawful. And, given the arena of possibilities and challenges presented by AI/ML, we carefully examine our enterprise use cases to get the right balance of representation, communication, and intervention in our solutions. We design the products and tools that are at the core of Oracle’s AI/ML platform, as well as the AI/ML-enabled components and patterns to infuse intelligence into the Redwood Design System. To ensure these capabilities are maximized across Oracle applications, we establish Human-AI Interaction Principles and Guidelines and work with product designers as they incorporate AI/ML into their UX designs.
What will you do as a designer on Oracle’s Human-Artificial Intelligence User Experience Team?
- Partner with Adaptive Intelligence product managers and developers to identify use cases where AI/ML can increase efficiency and help people make better informed decisions.
- Stay abreast of developments in AI/ML and human-AI interaction design to extend and evolve our HAII Principles and Guidelines. Develop training materials to help others learn and use the principles and guidelines.
- Understand user needs, problems, and goals across diverse use cases, and articulate guiding principles to ground and inspire your ideation and prototyping as you explore various design solutions.
- Create wireframes, flows, and UI mocks for product and tool designs.
- Create interaction specifications using language, diagrams, and prototypes to describe component usage, anatomy, behavior, and configuration with clarity and detail.
- Partner closely with engineering teams from design to hand off, and ensure products, tools, and components are implemented to specification.
- Partner closely with researchers and data scientists to gain insight to drive and improve designs.
We are seeking candidates with experience designing enterprise software with AI/ML implementations and tools for training AI/ML (annotation tools). This position is not focused on AR/VR, Chatbots, or autonomous driving.
We have studios in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and Guadalajara, Mexico. If you’re interested, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people and companies collect, organize, and visualize data to deliver competitive advantage.