Product Manager, NLU
SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
The Product Manager, NLU will support the development of the best in class Natural Language Understanding (NLU) at SoundHound Inc. You will work with engineers to research options, provide recommendations, outline requirements, and help drive projects to completion.
In this role you will:
- Own specific Houndify domain roadmaps and be able to prioritize, plan, and execute based on input from a variety of stakeholders
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to draw conclusions and recommend product features
- Be involved in the development lifecycle, including: brainstorming new ideas/features, translating product goals into requirements, writing specs and user flows
- Ensure that domain scope, goals and functionality are clear with code samples and developer documentation
- See projects through development, QA, and launch
- Outline use cases, phrasing and conversational UX for domains
- Conduct user experience audits on existing flows, identify pain points and recommend improvements.
- Be passionate about understanding user needs
- Justify decisions based on data and analytics
- Effectively communicate with cross functional teams including content partners, designers, business development, marketing, engineers, and data-scientists
- Be the point of contact with content partners that provide domain data, evaluate APIs, establish scope and timelines
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience under your belt and interested in contributing and learning
- You have successfully shipped products at scale in fast paced environments
- You have excellent time management skills to deliver projects on time while multitasking, being mindful of competing priorities
- You believe communication and documentation are critical to a project’s success
- You are self motivated, collaborative, eager to learn, and hands on
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills
- You have experience working on a development platform
- You have a background in linguistics & conversational design
We’d be especially excited if you have prior startup experience, exposure to voice search, or have experience in natural language understanding, and related technologies. Be sure to also mention if you have software development experience, familiarity with issue-tracking systems like JIRA, experience with reading data like JSON/XML and APIs, or are native English speaker with proficiency in another language.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pioneering solutions for a voice-enabled world. We help top brands build custom voice assistants—powered by Houndify