Director AI Ecosystem Partners
Director/Sr. Director Ecosystem Partnerships
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
LivePerson is looking for a highly passionate, talented and proven leader to join the Global Partnerships Team. Reporting to the SVP of Global Partnerships, the Sr. Director of Technology Partnerships will be responsible for understanding and fostering key tech ecosystem opportunities around our conversational AI platform. They will identify and deliver high-impact partnerships that accelerate and amplify our platform’s value, provide leverage for our direct and indirect sales teams and add exponential benefit to our end customers. This person will collaborate with Liveperson’s leadership team across Product/Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Enablement and Partner Solutions to keep tech partnering priorities aligned with the company vision, 3 year strategy and 2021 Operating Plan. The Sr. Director Technology Partnerships will identify, pursue and assist in the onboarding of new technology, data and software solution partners that complement LivePerson’s Conversational AI platform. They will find ways to replicate success, minimize distractions and ensure our partner deals are structured for mutual investment and benefit
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You nerd out about AI, how it can be applied, or how you can learn more about it (don’t worry we’ll help)
You believe data-led decision making is the norm
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You relate to our core principles and want to work with experts in their respective fields
What Will You Own?
- The Initiation, development, and growth of LivePerson’s relationships with top-tier technology partners within AI, data, social media platforms, marcom, etc.
- Our overall technology partner strategy including the market research and utilization of data and future trends to drive and support it
- For each strategic technology need identified by Liveperson:
- Customer benefits quantified
- Business model for the opportunity
- An outline of the product/tech integration needs
- The development of a list of target partner options, an understanding of their strengths, weaknesses and synergies and the best deal structure/terms that would optimize the value for LivePerson, the partner and the end customer.
- Discovery and relationship building with the executive decision makers at the partner organizations to ensure alignment of priorities and deal values
- The recommendation of the right partner(s) for LivePerson to pursue and close
- Negotiation on behalf of LivePerson stakeholders
- The executive level communication of deal progress and blockers
- Closing, onboarding and oversight of progress to value
- Developing out the supporting infrastructure for Partner success and streamlining internal efforts to support and grow the partnership.
What Do You Need for Success?
- 10+ years experience in Business Development for a software company
- Multi year success building tech ecosystem strategies that align technology trends and business needs to successfully drive complex initiatives that benefit end customers
- Extensive knowledge and deep network of senior contacts in Conversational AI, MarTech, CRM, Adtech, Customer Data, etc.
- Established successes in partner technology integrations that exceeded business goals
- Exceptional leader and team player with proven ability to lead through influence and work effectively both independently and collaboratively within fast-paced, diverse cross-functional teams
- Intimate knowledge of Software and SaaS technology and business models and the various deal structures and terms to support them
- Proven track record ensuring the execution of a partnership lines up to the intents and expectations negotiated
- Strategic acumen and proven, in-depth, experience and expertise leading and activating strategic partnerships and alliances with senior executives across enterprise level organizations
- Cross-functional influence and well-developed relationship building skills, willingness to take a leadership role driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring new opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to innovate and achieve big audacious goals
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or Masters degree preferred
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer amazing colleagues along with opportunities to push your own limits to grow. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.