PRODUCT OWNER – SELF SERVICE TOOLS
The Product Owner is the Product Management evangelist on one or more scrum teams. Their goal is to deliver innovative solutions based on their understanding of high-level business priorities and company objectives. The Product Owner works with Product Leadership and Business Stakeholders to understand the product vision and then provides clarity for the scrum teams.
Product Owners work with other product owners and a cross-functional scrum team, to build, enhance and manage a set of products and platforms using Scaled Agile Framework methodology. They will own and groom the product backlog for the scrum teams with high-level input from Product Leads for their Release Train. Teams will consist of platform/software engineers, developers, QA, and scrum masters.
As products and solutions near launch, they will support our Release Train core team, Product Readiness Team, and associated Product Managers to develop go-to-market plans. They may help in demos and support training material creation as a subject matter expert.
Product Owners are expected to contribute back to the Release Train ideas and opportunities that become part of the product vision and roadmap.
This role requires a high-level understanding of HR Portal Integration and AI chatbot integration with excellent communication and collaboration skills. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and make appropriate product decisions quickly.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta office.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Translate business requests into features and user stories, collaborate with cross-functional team to craft solutions/documentation, and represent customer needs in product delivery
- Prioritize product backlog with guidance from Product Leadership and to ensure alignment with product strategy and roadmap
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in application features, capabilities, and business rules
- Participate in the daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and release train planning meetings
- Partner with other Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to understand and influence product strategy while generating innovative ideas for achieving product success
- Work with scrum teams to determine optimal and alternative development strategies, solutions, and release dates
- Monitor products and platforms to evaluate consumer and client satisfaction, return-on-investment (ROI), and satisfaction of original objectives
- Partner with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders to create business roadmaps that increase delivered value and efficiency over time
- Partners with Release Train Core Team to develop release plans that support go-to-market strategies
- Communicate progress toward milestones as software is released
- Make rapid tactical decisions where needed to maintain team momentum and focus on incremental value delivery
- Partner with the Scrum Master to prioritize and schedule production defects for resolution and optimize team velocity
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)Working knowledge of ServiceNow
- Working knowledge of SAFe Agile Methodology
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- High-level understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products
- Ability to understand and articulate various internal and external customer needs
- Strong communication skills & presentation skills; verbal and written with the ability to communicate across business and technology
- Self-directed problem solver with a demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses vehicles.