Engineering Manager, Machine Learning (Remote)
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious global team that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer experience. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 1 billion customer interactions for some notable enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook and Shopify. We recently raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and we're officially a Canadian unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As the Engineering Manager on our Conversational AI team, you'll be managing a team of ML Scientists and Software Engineers and working alongside a product manager and a designer to execute a roadmap that drives forward Ada’s conversational AI platform. Your team will be responsible for creating and using cutting-edge Natural Language Processing research in order to advance the conversational intelligence of all Ada bots. You will be expected to identify technical opportunities and risks and help the team prioritize them effectively. As an Engineering Manager within Ada’s Machine Learning group, you will play a key role in shaping the future of Machine Learning at Ada and scaling not only the technology, but the organization itself.
- You have deep technical knowledge and expertise with Machine Learning, Conversational AI, and Software Engineering
- Coaching mindset
- You feel a sense of pride, satisfaction, and gratitude when you’ve been a part of helping others grow and improve
- You can recognize talent and know when to nurture it in others
- You’re willing to hold others accountable for their words and actions
- You’re aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- You’re excited by Ada’s mission, technology, and people
- You believe in continuous improvement
- You are highly data-driven, but also have the experience and wisdom to trust your intuition
- You communicate and collaborate extremely well
Engineering Leader / Technical Leader
- Manage a team of 4 - 6 Engineers and ML Scientists
- Support the team in prioritizing, planning, and managing upcoming work items
- Provide technical direction and guidance to team members when needed
- Identify and unblock issues impeding the team
- Insist on observability and data driven decision making
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with Product Management and other key stakeholders
- Understand the staffing needs of the team and ensure it is set up for success
- Identify talented candidates during hiring and interviews
- Help improve the hiring process and remove systemic bias
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with direct reports
- Facilitate regular feedback and 360 reviews
- Identify bright stars and advocate for them
- Find “coachable moments” and opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Design to create a high performing
- Product teamIdentify and prioritize department-wide architecture and tech debt-driven projects
- Help evolve Ada’s Engineering organization and improve processes
- Identify gaps in competency and opportunities to improve
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI-powered, scalable automation to drive engagement across the customer journey.