Talent Acquisition Leader - Devices
At Amazon our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Hiring and developing exceptional talent is critical to Amazon’s success – so much so, that it’s included as one of the sixteen tenets that define our company values and drive our every decision. These tenets are also referred to as our Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles ).
At Amazon, we pursue excellence in talent acquisition. We keep our hiring bar intentionally high, while driving initiatives in employer branding, talent assessment, business intelligence, learning and development, process improvement and more. We do this in order to attract, engage and recruit the best and the brightest to Amazon. Our ability to invent, think big, learn and be curious fuels us with a relentless ambition to deliver high quality hiring results. Amazon looks for people focused on delivering the highest quality service to internal and external customers, including candidates, with professionalism and integrity.
The Director of Talent Acquisition – Devices will be responsible for leading the Recruitment across 5 distinct businesses: Hardware, Stealth v1 product development, Supply Chain/Manufacturing, Design and Sales/Marketing. This is a broad portfolio covering 70+ unique job families, including: Hardware Development Engineers (HDE’s); Software Development Engineers (SDE’s); Technical Program Management; Product Management; Demand Planning; UI/UX/VUI/Industrial Design; Field Sales; Business Development; Economists; Applied Scientists; Marketing and Creative, to name a few.
Success in this role requires ability to define strategy, partner with stakeholders and internal clients, develop and communicate insights-driven process improvement, lead with data and learnings, define customer-centric goals and be passionate about developing and leading people. You will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas, and establish best practices while driving a global headcount growth target.
In this position, you will be responsible for building, managing, and developing a high performing team to deliver against aggressive hiring targets in a competitive market. You will partner with internal clients at the executive level and collaborate with recruiting leadership to build a candidate-centric Amazon recruiting experience. The person in this role will:
· Drive sourcing capability and capacity across a geographically dispersed team to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels to expedite the recruitment of technology roles.
· Insist on high standards and ensure operational excellence, including delivering an on-brand candidate and hiring manager experience.
· Lead global workforce strategy development and delivery and collaborate with client groups to include overall hiring progress, meet financial targets, prioritize open positions across an organization(s), drive DEI progress & initiatives.
· Use data to confidently influence senior leadership decision-making, to identify roadblocks and solutions in the recruiting process, to drive scaling and innovation.
· Build engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing talent acquisition professionals in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
· Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
· Be a contributing thought and challenge leader among a large global recruiting team.
This position can be based in Amazon's corporate offices in Seattle, WA or another Amazon corporate office location in the USA.
· A Bachelor's degree is required
· 10+ years of talent acquisition leadership experience
· Experience in a high growth, technical environment
The ideal candidate will have built and led a high performing recruiting organization in a high growth, technical environment. This individual will be part strategist, developing creative approaches to talent acquisition that produce strong results, and part operator, demonstrating strong, analytical skills and honing the sourcing mix to find new sources or paths to great talent. This leader will be an inspiring manager and will not have a playbook, but will always be innovating and testing new channels and approaches to talent acquisition. Candidate experience should include:
· Strong analytical thinker, creative in approach to talent acquisition and highly inquisitive
· Track record of attracting and developing top recruiting talent and building high performing teams
· Strong process and auditing skills
· Will have led a business aligned recruiting team to develop a long term talent acquisition network while meeting shorter term hiring needs
· Has a data driven approach with strong analytics and the ability to create, measure and scale the right work workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
· Reputation for obsession with candidate experience and client satisfaction
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Hires great people. Develops great people.
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Able to push and drive for resolution
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution and executes with precision
· Expects and requires innovation of the team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Results oriented
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Influences through data and metrics
· Deals well in ambiguous environments
· Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.