Principal Applied Scientist, NLP,
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the team
At Zillow Group, we believe that home matters, and we are on a mission to help everyone get into a home where they can thrive. The process of buying, selling, or renting a home should be easy!
The Core NLP and Conversational AI Team builds products that transform the way real estate works, by reducing friction in the home buying, selling and renting process. Our team handles machine learning tasks across the multiple business lines including Premier Agent, Shopping, Rentals and Zillow Offers, absorbing significant amounts of data and building ML and deep learning models to drive transactions and revenue. These solutions ingest large volumes of data and process it to build and deploy large production models that improve the home buying/selling and renting experience.
About the role
We are seeking a Principal Applied Scientist to operate in a novel space and craft the next generation of NLP solutions that will lead our vision. In this role, you will
- Contribute in scientific and technical direction for NLP applications at Zillow Group
- Think creatively and challenge established assumptions and expectations, not by building on what we already have, but coming up with new insights that fuel innovation
- Build models and insights from data to guide the future of Zillow's business and develop highly engaging user experiences
- Be the domain expert to whom members of teams across the company turn for expertise, review, and feedback
- Build real-time low-latency machine learning platforms
- Be hands-on in technical feature development, design, code-reviews, and prototyping
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In Colorado, the standard pay range for this role is $177,100.00 – $282,900.00 Annually. This range is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who is both a leader that empowers and guides team members, but also a roll-up-the-sleeves and get it done technical expert. More specifically, you should have the following:
- 8+ years of experience with natural language processing
- At least 5 years in machine learning or applied science/research in academia or industry
- A Ph.D. in the field of NLP/ML or related fields will set you apart!
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills with PMs, other Scientists and Engineers.
- Experience in mentoring junior scientists on the team
- Ability to understand business requirements and formulate machine learning solutions methodically
- Excellent coding skills and expertise with a high-level programming language such as Python or Java
- Experience training machine learning models in deep learning frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we're powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining real estate to make it easier than ever to move from one home to the next.