Sr. Voice UX Designer-Alexa AI
Are you passionate about or intrigued by AI and Machine Learning-driven experience design? Are you an inventor? Do you want to design for conversational AI, augmented reality, computer vision, and beyond? Come join us in Alexa AI Natural Understanding (NU) as a founding member of the design team defining voice-powered UX for next-generation platforms and experiences. We fuel innovation — think novel proofs-of-concept, experimentation, prototypes, and how these grow into new-to-the-world customer experiences. You will work with world-class AI science and tech teams and product teams across Alexa to bring them into customers’ lives. There are abundant opportunities for your growth and career development in the world of AI, including access to AI scholars, visiting speakers, and leadership in areas such as fairness in AI.
A day in the life
Come talk to us if you: Think big and thrive in blue-sky and greenfield environments. Bring strong ownership and design leadership to the table — you love building new design patterns, libraries, best practices for new technologies. Wear more than one hat well: voice design (VUI), multimodal design (GUI), interaction design, prototyping, user research/testing.
About the hiring group
As a member of a growing design team, you will be responsible for helping prioritize the team’s work and magnifying the impact of the team’s output across organizational boundaries.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Create conceptual diagrams, user flows, natural dialog flows, wireframes, prototypes, and user interface specifications for voice-powered multimodal products, e.g. web, mobile, screen devices, wearables, voice, motion.
· Work with product managers, scientists, and engineering to assess and optimize new and existing interactions.
· Present design work to the design team, product team, and business leadership.
· Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in design reviews with product managers, engineers, scientists, and user research/usability partners.
· Research and validate customer needs through user research and user testing.
· Communicate clearly and think quickly.
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 6+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· 2+ years of experience shipping consumer products
· Professional experience designing voice (VUI) or conversational interfaces
-Bachelor's Degree in UX or HCI or equivalent professional experience
· Demonstrated ability to influence product decisions + drive customer/end-user impact.
· Exceptional communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
· Track record of ground-breaking or novel-technology work.
· Proactive independent learner of new design practices and tools.
· Experience designing for accessibility and inclusivity.
· Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering.
Your application has been successfully submitted.