This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it It’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one.
We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.
Watch this to dive a little deeper
If you're looking for a bigger, weirder and more ambitious playground to write in, come help us give this robot a louder voice.
You’ll join an eclectic, multinational copy team, representing a range of disciplines. We're looking for someone to add a different perspective to our work room.
And if you're not perfect : you might just be.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing conversational copy as the voice of a much-loved AI, dropping good vibes and knowledge on 4 million people everyday.
- Making sure our growing range of interface and app screen features are user-first and sound like us.
- Partner with a super smart product team to ideate, write up, and test copy everywhere.
- Collaborate with the broader UX team to speak to users, identify their problems, and write with solutions in mind. Like, ya know, a caring human.
- Continue to push and evolve one of the most distinctive voices in the space across new geographies, the US, CA, and UK.
- Become a trusted voice and sounding board in our weekly Writer’s Room
What are we looking for?
- A great writer. Someone who can express ideas clearly as a headline, a blog post, or as microcopy, it doesn’t matter. At Cleo, all writing is writing.
- A portfolio showing a range of voices and the ability to distill complexity into a few tight lines.
- Someone switched on and culturally aware. You know what’s trending on IG and TikTok.
- An ethical backbone. Cleo’s got a bite, you should have one too.
- A proven ability to write for US audiences (the majority of our users are American).
- A background in conversational AI or screenwriting in general. Playwriting works too. The main thing is that you have experience bringing characters to life.
- Agency or start-up experience a plus, but not a requirement.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank.
We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated.
Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's your money. Own it.