CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Conversational Designer to focus on designing chatbot experiences for our clients. This designer is passionate, possesses innate problem-solving and UX skills with a drive to align business objectives with data analysis findings. Their expertise in Conversational design will help set strategic direction with our clients, while helping to craft digital, customer-facing experiences. This role will analyze natural language and create solutions in the form of conversations to solve user and business problems. The Conversational Designer uses both established and creative techniques. They stay up to date with the latest tools and methods for understanding user behavior and will utilize multiple data sources such as chat transcripts, website analytics, and scope documents to come up with strategies to meet and exceed our client’s business objectives. The Conversational Designer will promote best practices in this field and has experience using various design tools such as Dialogflow, Voiceflow, Botsociety and similar.
This could be the position for you if:
- You have a solid understanding of user research and usability testing methodologies, with strong analytic capabilities necessary to provide insights and recommendations based on those insights
- You are a self-motivated critical thinker, with the ability to provide well-reasoned ideas for all your engagements
- You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills
- You enjoy collaborating with other Researchers, Interaction Designers, Developers, and Analysts
- You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment
Responsibilities may include:
- Creating design deliverables to communicate conversational design work including dialog and user flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and meticulous multimodal user interface specifications
- Documenting end-to-end conversational interactions, from happy paths to rainy days
- Guiding the customer on technology evaluation, technical thought leadership and direction for Conversational AI projects
- Acting as a conduit between technical team members and business customers and taking a lead in preparing functional and technical specification documents
- Showcasing thought leadership on technology roadmaps, agile development methodologies and best practices
- Managing customer communication & relationships
- Supporting various types of research and testing efforts, including moderated and unmoderated usability studies, surveys, card sorts, tree tests, etc.
- Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the research methods used, findings, and recommendations
- Helping to prepare whitepapers based on primary research conducted by CapTech
- Researching and providing overviews of credible reports from third parties
- Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of research-backed user experience
- Researching and understanding technology trends
- 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in Design, Information Science, HCI, Analytics, Linguistics or Psychology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years professional experience with UX or Product Design. Preferred candidates will also have experience in any of the following areas: Analytics, AI, Linguistics, and Copywriting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value, e.g., customer journey maps, flows, and findings presentations
- Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
- Proficient in tools such as Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, Voiceflow, BotSociety, BotMock, Optimal Workshop, UserZoom Go (Validately), SurveyMonkey, Figma, InVision, and Axure
Please include a link to online work samples with your application to be considered.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in AI bot platforms, such as Cloud ML, Microsoft Bot Framework and Azure Cognitive Services, IBM Watson, Wit.ai, Salesforce Einstein etc
- Strong understanding of the NLP space (natural language understanding, sentiment analysis, personality insight etc.), conversational interfaces, and leveraging existing services and libraries (integration, configuration, training, continuous learning)
- Well versed with voiced based processing (text to speech, speech to text)
- Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices
- Familiarity with accessibility principles and assessment methods
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech supports Equal Pay for all. In addition, in the State of Colorado, we are committed to Equal Pay for ALL in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The base pay range for this role is: $85,000 - $150,000.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Others Talk, We Listen