Senior Conversational AI Engineer
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
About the Team
Our goal is to deliver the next-generation of Conversational AI (CAI). Towards this, we are building a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists to create a dialogue manager platform that can provide elegant conversational experiences at scale. We are looking for an Senior CAI Engineer to envision, pursue, and implement exceptional conversational experiences.
In this role you will:
- Join the dialogue management team to deliver state-of-the-art products at a global scale to tens of millions of consumers.
- Work alongside our Science team to create elegant conversational experiences using a wide spectrum of technologies (e.g. rule-based and machine learning)
- Work with Conversation Designers and Automation Builders to meet customer requirements and requests
- Implement and deliver production-level conversational code
- Identify and rapidly prototype supporting technologies to showcase conversational elegance
- Develop authorship tooling for building and maintaining dialogue management products at scale
- B.S. in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Linguistics or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of industry/academic experience with Conversational AI systems
- Experience delivering production software
- Proficient in Python
- Experience with symbolic and machine learning dialogue management techniques
- Experience with Natural Language Understanding techniques
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to diverse audiences.
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience designing conversational experiences for an end-user
- Experience conducting usability studies and focus groups
- Experience deploying Machine Learning models into production
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top-tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits and flexible time off to keep your mind fresh. Most importantly, you’ll have the ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.