Conversational Product Designer
Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We've built a SaaS voice product that takes calls on the behalf of the restaurant, helping customers place their orders without having to speak to someone in the store. This allows the restaurant to stop context-switching and focus on what they do best: making great food. We've raised $18m to date and we're building an amazing team to drive the world's restaurant commerce. We've experienced over 500% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we're building for them.
Our Commitment as a team
We are one unit moving at high velocity. We play to win the long game. We are compassionate and care for others. We are open and transparent. As you review the below keep Our Commitment in mind. Your uniqueness is valued and differences of opinion, background, and ability are welcomed. If you think you satisfy even just a few of the below points, please apply!
About the Role
We’re hiring a Conversational Product Designer to focus on conversational design to help us automate the ordering conversation. We’re excited about this role because it will empower the designer to run experiments, utilize the latest techniques in AI, and ship product that impacts millions of consumers and thousands of small business owners. You will be the key person to help lay out the foundational conversation patterns and consider how to scale up systematically.
We have a strong engineering and machine learning team with a huge amount of data, so running tests and trying new things is a key aspect of this role. If you are detail-oriented, data-driven, and passionate about ontology and taxonomy, you should consider joining us.
What makes you a happy designer here at kea
- Empathy – not only for our users, but also for our team
- Synthesis – leverage the power of research to make data-driven design decisions
- Problem Solver – enjoy diving deep and coming up with elegant solutions
- Rational thinker – able to strike a balance amongst: feasibility, viability, and desirability
What your day-to-day looks like
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and our designer to ideate, experiment, and iterate on designs.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback
- Plan, execute and analyze qualitative research and usability testing
- Solve design problems and find creative ways to drive positive outcomes for our customers' customers
What sets you up for success
- 4+ years in interaction design for consumer products
- 2+ years of conversational design experience
- Strong critical thinking and ability to drive experiments to conclusion
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to create user flows, wireframes, personas, interactive prototypes
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental health care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cashier in the Cloud ☁️