Conversational UX Designer - Voice/IVR
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hi! We’re conversationHEALTH, a fast-growing conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) company based out of MaRS Discovery District in downtown Toronto. Our SaaS product and consulting services are helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies re-imagine how they engage Health Care Practitioners, patients, and consumers.
conversationHEALTH was built to drive engagement, help educate, and support health stakeholders, all of which are critical to ensuring successful health outcomes. Our clients are all Top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, and our work is targeted to supporting Enterprise customers globally.
We have some exciting news: We are growing rapidly and are adding a Conversational UX Designer - Voice / Interactive Voice Response channel to our scaling team!
If you are looking for a path to fast growth, an opportunity to truly lead, and want to join an AI tech company that’s fast becoming an industry benchmark, we encourage you to check us out!
The Conversational UX Designer will work closely with our conversationHEALTH content and engineering teams to map out what users can do in the Voice Assistant and IVR space, while considering both the user’s needs and technological constraints. They will be responsible to curate the conversation, defining the flow and its underlying logic in a detailed design specification that represents the complete user experience. They partner with project stakeholders and developers to iterate on the designs and bring the experience to life .
What you will be doing:
- Conducting UX research and defining the problem space/requirements by helping clients make appropriate trade-offs between optimal user experience, compliance and legal requirements, and technological limitations.
- Voice Prototyping on tools like Botmock, and Botsocity.
- Follow best practices on creation of intents and entities based on industry NLP standards.
- Produce high and low level user flows, flowcharts & prototypes.
- Be involved in client-related requests and planning activities (e.g., the preparation of workshop packages and demos).
- Conduct User testing with end users internally and externally to identify any gaps in design and user experience by making data driven decisions.
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX efforts.
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues.
- Work with Product, Technology & Content stakeholders to help identify and design various features and enhancements for the Voice and IVR channel.
- Be involved in certification and launch of Voice enabled Actions , Skills or Flows through different channels.
- Be involved in product maintenance and enhancement cycles.
- Researching and learning new technologies and topics as required to propose new solutions and approaches in improving performance of our voice interaction models across different third party platforms.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Linguistics, Cognitive Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience as a Conversation Designer in the AI space, preferably in speech recognition software.
- Previous experience using design tools like Botmock, Botsociety, MS Visio, Lucid chart is a benefit.
- Previous experience in creating intents & entities as per industry standard NLP rules.
- Familiarity with SDLC fundamentals and Agile projects development methodologies.
- Be comfortable with startup culture and the ambiguity that comes with it. Take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with projects spanning across multiple clients and internal teams.
- Comfortable communicating with clients and confident with creating and defending rationale for best practices in conversational experience.
- Previous experience in deploying Voice Assistants on Actions on Google, Amazon Alexa,or creating conversational IVR experiences via common IVR systems (Amazon Connect, Nuance, Genesys PureCloud, Genesys PureConnect, Avaya,NICE inContact, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in healthcare and / or pharma verticals and knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Library of personal projects and that demonstrate your knowledge and interest in Voice Conversation Design.
- Previous start-up experience is considered an asset
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in a ground-breaking industry working with top-tier clients
- You will be working alongside passionate and talented colleagues, where you’ll be challenged and given the opportunity to lead
- Competitive compensation, along with excellent health and dental benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Our office is located in MaRS Discovery District - a beautiful heritage building bursting with innovation and creativity at Queens Park subway station
- Additional week of vacation as we observe a holiday closure
conversationHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
If you are a great fit for this position and conversationHEALTH, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter
Your application has been successfully submitted.