Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Chatbot
We'd love to hear from you if you like:
- Making a big impact with a Forbes Top Startup Employer
- Working on products that have traction (40X revenue growth in 4 years | #1 rated app in the insurance comparison category)
- Solving problems in a huge market ($2T market size)
- Working closely with serial entrepreneurs and seasoned leaders who have scaled companies like Robinhood, Amazon, LinkedIn, Wayfair, SoFi, Microsoft, etc.
About the opportunity:
We are on a mission to disrupt the car ownership experience and help people who rely on their vehicles everyday save time and money on one of their most expensive, time-consuming and high-maintenance assets. Simplifying and democratizing car ownership and creating a world-class experience is what drives every decision we make as a company. Since launching our AllCar app in 2019, we have amassed over 4M customers, and expanded beyond insurance shopping to refinancing, safety and repairs.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who is passionate about solving complex, meaningful problems to join our new Chatbot team. Working closely with our brilliant product managers, software engineers, data scientists, designers, and operations team members, you will play a key role in improving our GPT4-powered chatbot for customer self-service, and help make car ownership an effortless experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a measurable difference in the lives of millions and help us disrupt a massive industry, we'd love to hear from you!
How you will make an impact:
- Partner closely with our product managers, engineers, product designers, and key business leaders to improve the overall self-serve rate of our Chatbot
- Participate in new feature and automation development, write unit test, self test and QA software, continuously deliver high quality engineering results
- Participate in code reviews on a daily basis, always hold an exceptionally high bar on code quality
- Collaborate on product spec and engineering spec, and bring valuable insight from both a business and technical perspective
- Leverage feedback from customers and our internal teams to continuously iterate on our Chatbot
- Monitor software errors and alerts on a daily basis, ensuring that critical issues are addressed with a sense of urgency
- Create and maintain documentation for development, troubleshooting, and training purposes
- Become a trusted expert on our suite of products, production systems, and production tools
- Contribute across our entire product stack as well as be responsible for the integrity of our codebase
- Help evolve our tech stack by providing continuous feedback and insight
What we're looking for:
- You love tackling convoluted problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale
- You have a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions
- You are intimately familiar (and up to date) with the development ecosystem and make sound decisions when choosing the right tool or library for the job
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of production software engineering experience in consumer applications
- Sound understanding of data structures and algorithms, operating systems, databases and networking fundamentals
- Ability to work flexibly in a variety of development environments and technologies
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage
Jerry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Jerry is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry is America’s first and only AllCar™ app. We are redefining and radically improving how people manage owning a car, one of their most expensive and time-consuming assets.
Backed by artificial intelligence and machine learning, Jerry simplifies and automates owning and maintaining a car while providing personalized services for all car owners' needs. We spend every day innovating and improving our AI-powered app to provide the best possible experience for our customers. From car insurance and financing to maintenance and safety, Jerry does it all.
We are the #1 rated and most downloaded app in our category with a 4.7 star rating in the App Store. We have more than 4 million customers — and we’re just getting started.
Jerry was founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs and has raised more than $242 million in financing.
Join our team and work with passionate, curious and egoless people who love solving real-world problems. Help us build a revolutionary product that’s disrupting a massive market.