AI Prompt Engineer
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
At Unum, our AI Prompt Engineer is central to our digital evolution. This role is characterized not just by technical proficiency but a genuine enthusiasm for AI, an innate curiosity, and a shared ambition to deliver revolutionary digital solutions. While we venture deeper into the AI domain, we constantly emphasize the 'human touch', ensuring our innovations are customer centric.
- Design and refinement of AI-generated text prompts using forefront generative LLMs (e.g., GPT4) and discriminative LLMs like BERT.
- Engage with senior leaders, stakeholders, content experts, and product units for collaborative decision-making.
- Optimize our language models ensuring they echo Unum's objectives.
- Employ advanced NLP and ML methodologies for thorough evaluation of LLMs.
- Communicate technical outcomes clearly to non-technical stakeholders.
- Oversee and enhance AI prompt efficacy, keeping abreast with AI innovations.
- Mentor junior colleagues, imparting software engineering best practices.
- Develop applications utilizing Microsoft .NET Technologies.
- Identify and address system/software discrepancies through rigorous testing.
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or similar (MSc is favored).
- 5-7 years in ASP.Net, with hands-on experience in the Microsoft ecosystem: MS SQL Server, .NET Framework, and Visual Studio.
- Skilled in AI-specific utilities like ChatGPT, Hugging Face Transformers, and associated data analysis methods.
- Familiarity with deep learning platforms like PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Comprehensive understanding of NLP, ML, and AI-driven content creation.
- Proficiency in programming, especially Python.
- Experience with WCF/REST Services, Web API, and Mobile development.
- Prior exposure to an Agile working atmosphere.
Qualifications / Certifications:
- Applicable training or certifications in AI.
- MCSD / MCPD Certifications would be an advantage.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.