Conversational Designer (12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN) is a global leader in trustworthy and equal AI for business. Hundreds of the world’s leading brands — including HSBC, Chipotle, and Virgin Media — use our Conversational Cloud platform to engage with millions of consumers safely and responsibly. We power a billion conversational interactions every month, providing a uniquely rich data set and safety tools to unlock the power of Generative AI and Large Language Models for better business outcomes.
At LivePerson, we foster an inclusive workplace culture that encourages meaningful connection, collaboration, and innovation. Every mind is invited to ask questions and actively seek new ways to achieve success and reach their full potential. We operate as one with a growth mindset. This means spotting opportunities, solving ambiguities and seeking effective solutions to challenges that make things better.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract reporting to the Global Conversational Design Manager.
- Design effective, innovative, and delightful conversational experiences using user-centric design methodologies
- Work with major enterprise brands to understand their business goals, their customer personas and intents to define an automation roadmap
- Review and provide feedback on other designer’s work. Prioritize design work to meet project goals and deadlines
- Lead design workshops and conduct user research where appropriate, to tie insights to business results
- Research and analyze intents and the associated customer journeys. Evaluate when bots are appropriate and in what form
- Create bot design documents, including bot personas, example dialogs, conversation flow diagrams, error handling patterns
- Define the intent portfolio for natural language understanding and how it maps in the conversation designs
- Review customer transcripts to identify gaps in the conversation design; modify design patterns to bridge those gaps
- Write copy suitable for automated conversations in the messaging medium
- Interpret bot performance metrics to hypothesize where design changes can be made and tested to guide specific goals
- Create and promote conversation design best practice standards, reusable design patterns and processes
- Contribute to the team’s conversational design system
- Collaborate with project managers, optimization managers, bot developers, and bot tuners to execute on bot implementation
- Advanced experience in bot strategy, conversation design and optimization. Can produce a portfolio of example work.
- 3+ total years of related experience
- 2+ years in Conversation Design, or 3+ years in a UX-related role
- Experience presenting design thought leadership to diverse audiences, from client executives to technical team members
- Knowledge of Natural Language Understanding platforms such as Dialogflow, Watson, LUIS, etc. and how it impacts conversation designs
- Knowledge of messaging channels such as web messaging, SMS, Whatsapp and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- We consider diverse backgrounds - you may be a UX designer with a knack for language, or a Communications/Linguistics major with a knack for design thinking, or a game designer with experience on dialogue systems, etc.
- Contact center or customer service experience a plus
- Health: Medical, Dental and EAP.
- Time away: 28 days holiday + up to 5 Care Days.
- Financial: Workplace Pension Scheme, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Family: Paid Parental Leave, maternity support.
- Development: Native AI learning.
- Additional: Group life insurance, exclusive perks and discounts and more.
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson is a hub for the ever-curious and proactive, offering a flexible work-life balance tailored to individual needs. With offices and WeWork locations worldwide, our flexible work policy provides our teams the freedom to work from their preferred environment. We're very proud to have earned recognition from Fast Company, Newsweek, and BuiltIn for being a top innovative, beloved, and remote-friendly workplace.
Belonging at LivePerson:
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.