Associate Engineer, Conversational
At Verint, we believe customer engagement is the core of every global brand. Our mission is to help organizations discover opportunities previously only scarcely imagined by connecting work, data, and experiences enterprise wide. We hire innovators with the passion, creativity, and drive to answer constantly shifting market challenges and deliver impactful results for our customers. Our commitment to attracting and retaining a talented, diverse, and engaged team creates a collaborative environment that openly celebrates all cultures and affords personal and professional growth opportunities. Learn more at www.verint.com
Overview of Job Function
Verint is looking for a smart Associate Conversational Engineer to join and help build conversational understanding for our growing list of clients. The ideal candidate will be very interested in building natural language understanding and will be directly using proprietary natural language processing (NLP) tools to design intelligent virtual assistants that are smart and user friendly. They should be comfortable learning new software and processes and working within a team of talented engineers with tight deadlines. We value people who are able to work collaboratively in a distributed team and who are excited about the potential of conversational solutions.
Great conversation engineers come from different backgrounds. We’re a team of engineers that embodies this. So we’re not requiring you to be a computer science major or linguist. What we are looking for is someone with a love for learning and a strong grasp of the English language including grammars and parts of speech; someone who cares about delivering a quality product and can work diligently while creatively tackling problems in the most well considered and efficient manner possible.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
• Assist with architecting and implementing all elements of conversations including intents, patterns, actors, actions and objects.
• Assist with performing conversation engineering, testing, and training for continuous learning and improvement.
• Assist with troubleshooting and debugging complex issues and design creative solutions.
• Work closely with analyst, development and QA teams to define, create and test conversations within the agile implementation process.
• Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations on new projects. Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
• Shape the conversation design process and documentation methods to support the testing and development of conversational functionality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Linguistics, related field or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 0-3 years’ experience with Natural Language Processing, Conversational Engineering
• Some experience using other NLU/NLP systems such as Siri, Alexa, Google Home, IBM Watson Conversation, api.ai, or Microsoft LUIS
• Strong grasp on the English language, particularly with patterns of speech and sentence structures
• Excellent communication skills with an awareness of and ability to optimize natural language understanding
• Customer-first mentality with a collaborative design approach
• Ability to routinely learn and apply new complex systems and processes
• A consumer of new technology and a keen interest to explore emerging trends
• Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, SS Verification, as well as credit and drug screening, where applicable and in accordance with federal and local regulations
• Linguistics background
• Experience in an agile environment and is familiar with Agile product delivery methods
• Experience deploying production level code
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Customer Engagement Company