Senior Medical Conversation Writer
Hi! We’re conversationHEALTH, a fast-growing conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) company based out of MaRS Discovery District in downtown Toronto. Our SaaS product and consulting services are helping pharmaceutical and biotech companies reimagine how they engage Health Care Practitioners, patients, and consumers.
conversationHEALTH was built to drive engagement, help educate, and support health stakeholders, all of which are critical to ensuring successful health outcomes. Our clients are all Top 30 Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, and our work is targeted to supporting Enterprise customers globally.
A Medical Conversation Writer at conversationHEALTH is an exceptional communications professional responsible for transforming complex and regulated medical content into clear, compelling, and compliant messaging. A broad understanding of medical language and pharma-specific regulations (e.g. FDA, PAAB) is required.
The Medical Conversation Writer is responsible for the development of commercial and medical information communications across channels such as web, messaging, and voice. Understanding customer experience across these channels is key to the development of conversations that are impactful and satisfying from the standpoint of a healthcare professional (HCP) audience
As a Medical Conversation Writer, you are responsible for developing best-in-class conversations, from strategy to full conversation sessions. You will succeed by contributing to the effort of the client team by:
1. Developing creative and rich experiences for HCPs
2. Building conversation strategies and assets that meet client and business requirements
3. Working independently and efficiently
4. Looking to improve conversation development best practices
Key functional skills
- Client understanding: strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, client needs, current medical practice, and tactical business requirements in order to deliver business-moving conversations
- Medical and Pharma knowledge: Broad medical knowledge across therapeutic areas as well as an understanding of Product Monographs, Prescribing Information, and communication constraints around these
- Team Player: consistently contributes to the development and growth of the Conversation Development Team
- Thought Leadership: learns and recommends new approaches to conversation development, within and across channels, as well as within a conversation and over the course of a session
- Teamwork/Collaboration: Builds and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders at conversationHEALTH, including the Client Lead, Project Manager, and AI Engineer
- Communication Skills: simplifies the complex and communicates clearly with colleagues, clients, and business partners
- Productivity: works with minimal supervision, is deeply self-motivated, and looking to create best-in-class work
- Accountability: Owns the quality and compliance of the work output, internally and externally
- Ability to learn consistently: learns about new therapeutics, conversational AI practices, and development processes
What you'll need:
- MSc or PhD in life science, medical, or pharmaceutical fields, or PharmD
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and associated regulatory and compliance requirements
- 3+ years of proven medical writing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofing skills to convey messages effectively
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills Ability to analyze critically and synthesize complex scientific information
- Comfort with the ambiguity of a rapidly-growing business Creative problem-solving skills that inspire employees and clients
conversationHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.