Engineering Sr. Manager - Conversational AI Capabilities
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Digital Technology and Innovation group supports the Corporate Strategy, Digital Platform & Innovation Business. Together they work closely to continue evolving Wells Fargo’s digital platforms and enhance integration of the innovation pipeline into our customer-facing capabilities.
Digital Technology and Innovation is leading Wells Fargo N.A. technology transformation delivering cloud native and cloud ready technology products and services at scale that are stable, resilient, secure, and always on for our banking customers.
We are seeking a Engineering Senior Manager to lead our modern Conversational AI Engineering and Chatbot technology delivery team as part of the Digital Capabilities Organization. The leader will define the vision, strategy, and roadmap for best in class customer experiences powered by conversational AI.
You will partner with numerous technology leaders to drive measurable results across Digital Technology and Innovation. You will build an elite team of highly skilled Software Engineers a that will span a variety of disciplines required to ensure quality products are delivered aligning to our robust Digital experience products and services. You are passionate about building top performing teams that impact change at scale delivering quality products that are feature rich resulting in the utmost customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Running a world class Engineering team, singularly focused on customer success through conceptualization and build out of cutting-edge solutions that help amplify the outcomes
- Engage effectively & leverage services provided by the Enterprise Chief Technology Office, Technology Infrastructure, Information Cyber Security Services and the model risk governance teams to ensure a seamless service to the business
- Provide senior technology perspective on industry trends, competitive landscape and market/regulatory changes leveraging industry contacts, vendors, and strategic technology partner relationships
- Demonstrate business value by collaborating closely with product groups across the enterprise is development solution roadmaps
- Establishing and maintaining a profile as a senior technology leader both inside and outside the firm
- Serves as a role model demonstrating strong commitment to diversity & inclusion and Wells Fargo’s culture and core values
- Be a leader amongst peers and partners, innovate, and work across organizational lines to drive change
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as one team to deliver innovative top quality solutions. This position is NOT ELIGIBLE for relocation assistance. Prospective candidates should reside in and/or around the target site location or be able to commute to the site for employment.
This is a full time opportunity with a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive benefits package including a generous PTO program and many other benefits. For additional benefit information visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically, you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 7+ years of technology engineering experience
- 6+ years of leadership and people management experience in a technology environment
- 5+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 4+ years of experience in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Chatbot, or 4+ years experience as a Virtual Assistant
- 2+ years of experience in implementation of Conversational AI (Artificial Intelligence) platforms and Virtual Agent Chatbots
- 2+ years of leadership experience in the implementation of Conversational AI (Artificial Intelligence) platforms and Virtual Agent Chatbots
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Experience with automation, regression, and performance testing
- 6+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Financial services industry experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with modern industry-standard software engineering technologies and toolsets
- Experience in developing mobile native applications
- Experience with Cloud based solution implementations
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning methodologies
- Experience with Micro services architecture and Event driven programming
- Experience with JWT and Oauth Framework
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
CA-Fremont: 3340 Walnut Ave - Fremont, CA
CA-Concord: 1755 Grant Street - Concord, CA
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.