Director, Product Management - Conversational AI
Genesys, Contact Center and Customer Experience leader trusted by thousands of customers for 20+ years, is investing in Artificial Intelligence technology. AI supports a variety of new and differentiating use cases in many domains of Customer Experience and is expected to disrupt the industry in depth. The Genesys Product Management organization is hiring an experienced leader as Director of Product Management whose main responsibility will be to lead our Conversational AI product line.
AI is a catalyst for understanding customer interactions, improve business operations, predict actionable insights and enable the human workforce. As a Director in the AI Product Organization, you will lead the strategy around our industry leading capabilities for Conversational AI. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and are expected to work cross-functionally with product/development teams and business/partner leaders. Your leadership, business acumen and technical skills will be critical in helping Genesys consolidate its leadership position in customer experience orchestration with its AI-powered systems.
Genesys is looking for a highly motivated and talented leader with a strong combination of soft and technical skills. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of intelligent service automation (aka chatbots), will be familiar with concepts around artificial intelligence such as NLU/NLP/NER/machine learning, and have a proven track record of successfully driving enterprise applications from concept to market leadership. The candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead without authority, planning and directing the work of other PMs, and will have a passion for using business insights to help solve user problems.
Location: For this role we are open to candidates being remote workers long-term within the UK.
What you will do:
- Lead, implement and maintain the product strategy, vision, and priorities for Conversational AI to ensure we lead the market for intelligent self-service.
- Take the lead role as product expert with customers and customer-facing (pre and post) teams to evangelize, position, and communicate the benefits and functionality we deliver.
- Collaborate with other product teams to ensure that our Conversational AI solutions are well integrated and complementary to other Genesys product lines.
- Coordinate with marketing, sales, customer success, finance, and others to ensure our Conversational products are a coherent offer that is easy to sell and to adopt.
- Mentors, manages, and directs the work of a team of highly motivated product managers in delivering on product innovation & other activity.
- Establish priorities, drive and measure progress on activities.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Analytics, Statistics, Applied Math, or any other related field.
- 8 years+ of prior relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills. Experience managing a product team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and eager learner.
- Proven ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience with AI technologies
- Experience with automation, workflow, IVR, or chatbot technologies
Desirable skills would include:
- MBA, or similar advanced business/technical degree
- Experience with messaging/chat/social media engagement
- Experience in collecting competitive intelligence, market requirements and developing strategies and business cases per market segments
- Understanding of the Agile Development and Enterprise Processes
- Experience with agile software development, such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience in Cloud/SaaS solutions and operations
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least September 30, 2021 in most locations and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service℠ so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys Cloud™, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.