Principal Conversation Designer
Are you an agile, digital-first problem solver who’s adept at UX writing and content strategy, and is passionate about providing outstanding digital experiences for customers? If yes, Fidelity Investments currently has an opening for you!
As a member of the Content Management team, you’ll dedicate your time to creating conversational content and experiences for a new Virtual Assistant, focused on helping customers self-serve by simplifying complex concepts. You’ll provide end-to-end content strategy for this chatbot, starting with content discovery all the way through to content maintenance. You’ll play a key role in keeping customers informed, instilling confidence in their actions, while creating an accessible digital experience!
The expertise you have
- A minimum of 5 years experience in digital content design, UX writing, and/or content strategy with high attention to detail and ability to balance multiple workstreams at once
- Experience writing for chatbots is preferred, but not required
- A knack for knowing how to ask the right questions of product and business owners to clarify processes and communicate them back to users in language they understand
- Proven track record of defining, socializing, testing, iterating on, and delivering outstanding digital experiences
- Experience in financial services or another industry that is complex, multi-channel, and regulated
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration in a client-centric, fast-paced environment with agile teams preferred
The skills you bring
- Adept at using language that is compelling, concise, and friendly to guide a user through a digital experience
- Organized self-starter who’s passionate about keeping progress moving forward, not only for yourself but for the entire team
- Comfortable defending your content decisions with executives and legal, and can negotiate edits with diplomacy and an open mind
- Willing to jump into different roles, outside of your job description, with an eye to the future of digital content design
- Interested in natural language processing (NLP), chatbot architecture, AI, and machine learning
- Uses data and analytics to find opportunities for improving the customer experience
- Can build credibility and trust with peers and executives, and enjoys working in a complex organization with multiple decision-makers
- Values pace over perfection, enjoys big picture and hands-on work, and has a proven track record of projects that achieve tangible results
The value you deliver
- Creating content for the chatbot, focused on a clear, simple conversational voice, tone, and style that aligns with established editorial and chatbot standards
- Collaborating with UX designers, researchers, developers, subject matter experts, natural language processing (NLP) analysts, and business partners
- Reviewing chatbot conversations to ensure grammar model accuracy, optimizing the content, recommending new topics, and measuring impact
- Developing and promoting a content creation and maintenance process for the chatbot, based on firm and industry best practices, client needs, emerging technology and trends, as well as Fidelity’s enterprise goals
- Influencing a test, learn, and optimize approach to content development where you’ll make data informed decisions on the topics, tone, language, and delivery of content
- Championing content strategy standards across the teams you support
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com. Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at email@example.com or call 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2 if you would like to request an accommodation.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation please contact the following:
For roles based in the US: Contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2
For roles based in Ireland: Contact AccommodationsIreland@fmr.com
For roles based in Germany: Contact email@example.com
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.