IVR Product Manager II
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We also pioneered the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Digital Customer Experience team works within the larger Customer Experience Operations (CXO) department. It is responsible for eliciting vision, scope, and requirements for digital customer self-service products (such as the mobile app, website, IVR, and chatbot). The Product Manager, IVR Phone Strategy, will serve a broad role on the team, driving experience design, technology decisions, and data analysis that support tools that handle millions of customer interactions per month. This individual will be an internal expert/advisor who must be able to lead cross-functionally and indirectly through influence and relationship building.
An ideal candidate will have experience in product management, IVR systems, and a proven track record of delivering results with a customer-centric mindset, analytical prowess, innovative attitude, and a collaborative spirit.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Roadmap Management: Owns the vision and strategy for the phone channel for DISH TV and DISH Wireless businesses; articulates desired business outcomes that drive the roadmap; define success as achieving those outcomes and not as simply checking projects off of a list; continuously updates the product roadmap accordingly.
- Data Analysis: Asks the right questions and knows how to derive meaningful insights from data; uses that ability to identify problems, trends, and opportunities across the entire digital experience; works with product managers to help them drive strategic focus that will tangibly impact KPIs. Plays a proactive role in finding opportunities and initiating fixes.
- Collaboration and Leadership through Influence: Collaborates effectively with business partners, UX designers, and developers, indirectly leading the product teams to remain focused on the right priorities and working together towards common goals.
- Making Decisions Based on Business & Technical Acumen: Aware of how strategies and tactics work in the industry; keeps up-to-date on trends, technologies, and the competitive landscape; understands the big picture goals of the organization, of other departments, and how it all fits together; combines all of the above to identify and champion initiatives that put us in a position to win.
- Communication & Presentation: Uses data to tell a compelling story and is comfortable communicating and presenting that story to large and varied audiences
- Executing and Delivering Results: Action oriented; aligns resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
A successful Product Manager, Phone Strategy will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience operating within the agile development methodology
- Knowledge of digital technology and vendors
- Ability to interact with and communicate effectively with a large spectrum of different stakeholders, including IT personnel, senior business executives, and technology vendors
- Self-starter who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while handling different situations and tasks with minimal direct oversight from management
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $94,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug
Your application has been successfully submitted.