Are you looking
- To make meaningful changes at the fastest-growing tech company in Japan?
- For a fair, highly flexible, inclusive working environment where anyone, regardless of their background, can make an impact?
- To build the next bold idea in customer acquisition and revenue growth through conversational commerce technology
- For a place where things are not just fast - but they happen now?
We Are Zeals - “Designing conversations. Driving conversions.”
Zeals is not another chatbot. Our automated chat solution and conversational technology change how consumers purchase or act online. Zeals converts customers who appear "unengaged" to become "valuable" through designed chat on Messaging Apps. Using AI-powered, human-designed conversation flows across chat platforms, Zeals enables brands to build personalized, automated conversations with their consumers and develop a deeper understanding of their preferences while creating a delightful, seamless shopping experience. Our last 3 years have been phenomenal. We have captured the heart of many businesses in Japan, with over 480 enterprises relying on our chat commerce offering to boost their mobile business.
The goal is simple: to “revolutionize hospitality on the Internet” by unlocking digital customer service experiences that were limited to physical stores previously.
Just Getting Started…
We have recently secured a Series E funding totaling $33.8M led by JIC Venture Growth Investments and Salesforce Ventures. We are ready to start our mission and expand our business beyond the Japanese market - LINK.
We’re looking for a small group of elite teams to build the foundation of our global expansion.
Your Typical Day With Us
- Design, develop, and implement NLP models for a variety of applications, including language understanding, text generation, and text classification
- Collaborate with the R&D team to identify NLP-related blockers and improve the overall user experience
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date with the latest NLP techniques and technologies
- Optimize and improve our current NLP models
- Develop and maintain a scalable and robust NLP infrastructure
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Machine Learning
- 3+ years of experience in NLP and Machine Learning
- Experience developing NLP models for production-level environments
- Strong programming skills in Python–in addition to extensive experience with various NLP libraries (such as NLTK, SpaCy, and fastai)
- Hands-on experience with Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, HuggingFace)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Machine Learning
- Experience with conversational agents, as well as with Japanese NLP tools
- Familiarity with Natural Language Generation (NLG) processes and techniques
- Hands-on experience with deploying NLP models into AWS or GCP and integrating them into company-level systems
- Hands-on experience in MLOps frameworks, storage management systems, and testing environments
Don’t just take our word for it
Zeals has received the LinkedIn Top Startups award twice in a row. We believe this is a testament to our growth and ability to attract outstanding talents–who could potentially be your colleague!
Ready to roll up our sleeves
We obsess over bringing hospitality to everyone–be it our customers or you! You’re an individual with unique needs. So, while we can’t attract you with ping-pong tables or all-you-can-drink espresso bars, we promise you a once-in-a-lifetime experience and co-workers that you can brag about to your friends, family, or anyone you meet the next time you go out for a party! As an employer, we are ready to roll up our sleeves and change the status quo if it means improving your experience!
- Salary Range: competitive (performance review every 6 months)
- Performance review: twice a year
- Holidays: 10 days paid holidays during the first year, weekends off, national holidays, summer and winter break.
- Visa support: We sponsor visas for suitable candidates. You can expect full visa support from our professional HR team.
- Flexible working: Highly flexible, remote-first international organization
- For Japanese residents: Work from anywhere, interim work from overseas, full flex time
- Housing allowance (within 1.5KM away from the office)
- Club activity allowance
- Shuffle Lunch allowance (Cross department lunch)
- Zeals Bar (bi-weekly free-flow beer party)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive revenue and enrich customer experience with AI-powered chat commerce.