2023 Applied Science Internship - Natural Language Processing and Speech Technologies - Canada
Do you have a strong machine learning background and want to help build new speech and language technology? Amazon is looking for Master's students who are ready to tackle some of the most interesting research problems on the leading edge of natural language processing. We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: NLP, NLU, ASR, text-to-speech (TTS), and more!
A successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. As an Applied Science Intern, you will develop and implement novel scalable algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of ML, NLP, search, and deep learning. You will work side-by-side with global experts in speech and language to solve challenging groundbreaking research problems on production scale data. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems.
Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. Please visit our website to stay updated with the research our teams are working on: https://www.amazon.science/research-areas/conversational-ai-natural-language-processing
• Enrolled in a Master's degree or equivalent in speech or language technologies, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Experience in designing experiments and statistical analysis of results.
• Experience in understanding and ability to implement algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code.
• Experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting language.
• Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in speech or language technologies, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or related topics.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Publication(s) at peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
• Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
Amazon has positions available for Natural Language Processing & Speech Intern positions in multiple locations across Canada.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations
Amazon s’engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race, l’origine nationale, le sexe, l’identité sexuelle, l’orientation sexuelle, le statut d’ancien combattant protégé, le handicap, l’âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d’accommodement, sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.