Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we are transforming the support experience for our customers, through the use of innovative and groundbreaking technology. We’re looking for an expert in conversational AI to join our Self Serve team in Customer Support. You will work as part of a dedicated team of experts focused on designing, building, and delivering a compelling and engaging Self Serve support experience. Driving automation and conversational AI opportunities is one part of a cohesive Self Serve team and strategy that includes teammates who focus on Knowledge Management (including our Help Center) and our User Community. We aim to set the standard for exceptional customer experience.
We use our own Intercom platform as our primary support tool to help our customers, and in this new role of Conversation Designer you will focus on using Resolution Bot and Custom Bots along with other automation features and cutting edge technologies to create a seamless automated Self Serve experience through AI/ML and process automation. We strive to resolve as many of our customers’ queries as possible through smart and personalized automation, meaning our Support teammates can focus on the most complex troubleshooting or more difficult conversations that need a human touch. You will also have the opportunity to influence the product roadmap for automation features for Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As a Conversation Designer you will have the following opportunities and responsibilities:
- Be the driver and curator of your own roadmap for the quarter/year. You will have an immense span of control over your body of work and how it’s delivered. We value autonomy and we need you to be a self starter, but we are also here to support you when you need advice or steering.Devise technical roadmap for conversational AI chatbot development and deployment.
- Build a team of contributors to your roadmap. Every frontline Support teammate has an opportunity to be involved in bodies of work such as our Self-Serve offering, so you will have the chance to select your partnership team and project manage their contributions.
- Drive significant changes to our Rate of Automated Resolution (ROAR) and be responsible for ideating and implementing any opportunities for automation within the customer conversation journey.
- Be part of an industry leading, groundbreaking team who strive to push the boundaries of AI and ML technology to the benefit of our team and customers.
- Leverage Intercom's bot technology to curate a personalized and conversational bot flow for customers. Use historical data and customer feedback to continuously identify and introduce improved automation and bot flows.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to understand, define, and architect the best solutions for our customers, creating clear and compelling conversational journeys.
- Use data-driven decision making to help define best practices of Conversation Design
- Quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the underlying technology, platform, and product
- Keep up with market trends and be a thought leader in the industry.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2-3 years of experience in an AI/ML driven conversational design / customer experience role that relates directly to Customer Support deflection.
- 5+ years as part of a Customer Support / Experience team.
- Exceptional organizational skills along with the ability to switch between reactive execution of operational priorities and long term, strategic planning.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, both with internal stakeholders and customer facing bodies of work.
- Ability to work autonomously with motivation and clear milestone planning, but also to partner closely with your direct and indirect teammates to deliver what’s not only best for your own remit, but Intercom’s overall business objectives.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to convey success through data.
- A keen eye for efficiency and automation opportunities through every step of the customer journey. Ability to run A/B tests and experiments, analyze findings and get stakeholders on side to implement changes.
- Excellent presentation skills. You will be presenting your roadmap progress and success measurements to senior leadership regularly; impeccable stakeholder management and communications are key.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Pension scheme & match up to 4%
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps
- you get your job done
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help businesses build better customer relationships through our customer communications platform.