Senior Researcher - Natural Language Processing
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
The »Audio and Media Technologies« department develops world-class audio processing technology. Audio and media technologies at Fraunhofer IIS is one of the largest organizations in the world for audio and speech processing. Over 200 engineers and scientists develop first-rate audio technology, which is sold worldwide, in Europe, USA, China, Korea and Japan.
In the past 25 years, Fraunhofer IIS repeatedly won international competitions in the audio and media field: e. g. with mp3 and codecs of the AAC-family. You will be part of the Natural Language User Interfaces activities of the Audio and Media team.
What you will do
Do you want to teach computers to talk?
Join us in the exciting world of voice assistants and conversational AI.
As part of our team, you will develop methods for natural language processing in user-centred dialog systems for a variety of tasks and domains. Furthermore, you may integrate and evaluate NLP components of voice assistant prototypes that you helped to develop. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with project partners as well as internal and external stakeholders.
What you bring to the table
- PhD in Computer Science or work experience on Senior level with focus on natural language processing, computational linguistics or in a related field
- Profound knowledge of natural language processing, computational linguistics and deep learning
- Excellent skills in Python
- Hands-on experience with machine learning frameworks, e. g. TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
What you can expect
- Opportunities to bring your ideas into life and contribute to product-ready solutions for our industry partners
- Opportunities to push frontiers in research and applications of natural language processing
- Involvement in diverse activities and the chance to assume responsibility within interdisciplinary teams
- An open and friendly work atmosphere
- Flexible hours and access to various services for a proper work-life-balance
- Working in a vibrant research environment
For more details please see: https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/jobs/arbeiten.html
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the aim to extend it subsequently. The weekly working time is 39 hours. We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Have we piqued your interest? Then please submit your online application (cover letter, CV, transcripts in English or German) right here!
For any questions, please get in contact to:
Claudia Kestler-Böhm, email@example.com
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
Your application has been successfully submitted.