PRINCIPAL UX CONVERSATION DESIGNER
Fidelity Investments is looking for an experienced conversation designer to join our Workplace Investing business line to help clients self-serve within our digital experiences.
The Expertise You Have
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in conversation design
- Experience in digital content design, UX writing, and/or content strategy with high attention to detail and ability to balance multiple workstreams at once
- A knack for knowing how to ask the right questions of product and business owners to clarify processes and communicate them back to users in language they understand
- Experience in financial services or another industry that is complex, multi-channel, and regulated
- Proven track record of defining, testing, iterating on, and delivering best in class digital experiences
- Agile experience preferred
The Skills You Bring
- Skilled at simplifying the complex, using compelling, concise, and friendly language to help users navigate and take desired actions
- Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP), chatbot architecture, AI, and machine learning
- Ability to build credibility and trust with both peers and executives
- Value pace over perfection, and think big picture while keeping an eye on the details
- Use data and analytics to find opportunities to improve the customer experience
The Value You Deliver
- Gather requirements, create dialogues and flows, and build prototypes to create scalable and intuitive conversational experiences
- Prioritize the needs of our clients while balancing the needs of business partners and suggested edits from subject matter experts.
- Foster collaboration across disciplines and teams to solve client needs with human-centered language and storytelling that is on brand.
- Adherence to a content creation and maintenance process for the conversational experiences, based on best practices, client needs, emerging technology, and trends, as well as Fidelity’s enterprise goals
- Adoption of a test, learn, and optimize approach to content development where you’ll make data informed decisions on the topics, tone, language, and delivery of content
- Champion conversation design as a practice and continuously grow your depth of knowledge.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$103,000 – $137,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
Your application has been successfully submitted.