Principal Customer Engagement Designer
Primarily you will be responsible for designing and building digital conversational user interfaces.
Join a diverse, open-minded and dynamic team bringing digital journeys to life with conversational AI solutions. You will support innovative, international organizations with crafting conversational interactions, building their conversational flow and creating and optimizing their linguistic models using Nuance’s artificial intelligence, machine learning and human-assisted technologies.
We are looking for a thoughtful, astute and curious people-person with a passion for technology and creating a superior user experience. This is a unique opportunity to join an organization at the forefront of digital transformation.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Discover and analyze requirements from both the customer and user perspective. Balance user advocacy with the commercial and technical needs of our customers.
- Create effective conversational journey designs, from sketching high-level flows right through to precise wording choices.
- Participate in the implementation of your designs using Nuance’s dialog and NLU tooling.
- Analyze performance of conversational interfaces in day-to-day use via performance metrics and user experience measures, and recommend specific changes to improve performance and user satisfaction based on the results.
- Train our customers on how to use Nuance’s tools and guide them in the best practices for creating conversational user interfaces.
- Contribute to the improvement of Nuance’s evolving body of global best practices and products by sharing experiences and ideas with the wider Nuance community.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
Education: Masters/Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or a related field.
Minimum years of work experience: 7
- Exceptional native level written and spoken English. Your spelling and grammatical skills are excellent.
- A minimum 7 years experience designing text driven or voice conversational user interfaces.
- Programming experience in any language preferred. An understanding of key programming concepts and the creation of logical flows/designs to a technical level.
- Experience in analyzing data and conducting usability tests to improve/optimize user interfaces and user experience.
- A professional approach and excellent presentation skills- all of our designers are customer facing.
- An eye and ear for detail.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a large and sometimes very international distributed team.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Visio, Word and Excel.
- Willing to travel to customer sites
- Native/near-native skills in another language
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.