Senior Product Designer - Growth
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is redefining how businesses connect with their customers. More than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver unparalleled user experiences at any scale. Intercom's platform is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a valued member of the Growth Group you’ll be responsible for both the prospective customer and early user journey as well as aiding our existing customers to get more out of Intercom and to grow their usage of our products. You’ll help to drive product awareness, evaluation, adoption, activation and expansion – both in the product and by partnering closely with go-to-market teams. Playing a key part in defining how Intercom achieves its growth goals.
You will do meaningful product design work at a highly admired product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product manager, up to 6 engineers, and some also work directly with research and analytics. Together they own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
You’ll work alongside the 3 existing designers in the Growth Group, report directly to the Growth Group Design Manager and sit under the Director of Growth Design. Your specific focus will be on meeting the needs of our prospects and existing customers when it comes to pricing and packaging and how that shows up in the product.
We've had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company's DNA. This means that you'll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Act as a leader within the Growth Design Team, collaborating to make their work and the whole team better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end.
- Partnering with designers on other R&D teams to create holistic experiences that span the full customer lifecycle
- Work closely with many teams across the business to help shape the pricing and packaging strategy and to bring a user centric approach to implementing this for different customer segments
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of their design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience working on a growth design team or growth-oriented projects. Bonus – your focus was specifically in pricing and packaging.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- A strong system and/or service design mentality. Understanding the broader landscape of the product and the impacts of the work you are doing is vital for success.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- The ability to coordinate work across multiple teams and bring together ideas from various stakeholder groups
- The ability to successfully and adeptly move from 10k ft thinking to 10ft execution
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should center on the process you applied and the business impact you were able to deliver. We’re looking to see your design thinking and business awareness, rather than just your ability to craft beautiful visuals. Your portfolio should be well structured and clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help businesses build better customer relationships through our customer communications platform.