This is an exciting time to be part of Genesys DX Digital & AI Business Unit as we are innovating with speed and scale. We are looking to add a Software Engineer in AI/ML to the Conversational AI group as we build out world-class language-driven products, platforms, and services that empower excellence in customer and agent experiences.
As a Software Engineer on the Language Research & Development team, you will serve as a “force multiplier” by helping us build out the internal tooling that supports the research, development, and evaluation of Genesys’ core AI capabilities in Speech & Natural Language Processing and product areas spanning chatbots, voicebots, knowledge surfacing, and agent assistive technologies. Our team designs and executes appropriate research methods for given business & product challenges, curates data and builds tooling to enable quality evaluation of AI models and data, and provides assessments of linguistic and UX considerations in new features/products. We are problem solvers who do practical research which ensures Genesys delivers great features across a rapidly expanding portfolio of languages.
In this role you will:
• Collaborate closely with a cross-functional and global team of linguists, AI/ML researchers, software engineers, UX folks, and product managers
• Develop & extend internal tooling that enables the benchmarking and analysis of Conversational AI products, as well as facilitates data curation and management
• Be responsive in fielding feature/functionality requests, proactive in recommending tooling enhancements that will help the team succeed, and demonstrate best practices in designing and proposing solutions
• Help us build software with well-organized code that other teams can use, maintain and expand. Be able to navigate and learn the other teams’ codebases, and contribute improvements and additions to those as well.
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, with at least 2-3 years industry experience
• Solid experience demonstrating Software Engineering fundamentals
• Experience supporting Research or AI/ML teams
• Strong proficiency in python and service-oriented application development
• Ability to self-direct projects, keep the “big picture” in focus, and stay in step with the team’s direction and priorities via strong communication skills
• (Preferred) Familiarity with cloud services (e.g. AWS), automated pipelines (e.g. Jenkins), statistical analysis and visualization, data engineering, Speech & Natural Language Processing
• (Preferred) Exposure to evaluation and improvement of ML/NLP models and algorithms in real-world products
• (Preferred) Exposure to development of AI/ML as a SaaS in cloud and managing infrastructure
Your application has been successfully submitted.