Senior Conversational Designer
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We have a fantastic opportunity in our Digital Service team for a Senior Conversational Designer working on our Virtual Assistant. In Digital Service, we’re an innovative bunch that pushes technology frontiers and builds capabilities that support our Digital estate e.g. Account and Help on Sky.com & App, Social and Community platforms as well as other conversational/assisted platforms including the IVR, Automated Voice Solutions, Messaging and Chat Bots (Sky Assistant).
This role will cover the world of Chat Bots which we call Sky Assistant. The Chat Bots we have available allow customers to interact with a bot during a messaging (SMS, WhatsApp etc) journey, on our Social channels or through our web based Virtual Assistant. Customers can use their own natural language to ask the bot for help and the bot will aim to either resolve the problem or cover some data capture steps before handing to an agent. We work closely with Sales teams to support the delivery of capability across the bot platform.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Senior Product Owner to help deliver the vision and roadmap
- Manage a team of people who are creating and monitoring customer journeys on Sky’s Chatbot service including its Natural Language Processing / Understanding
- Manage your team’s workload effectively and keep on top of their delivery timescales/deadlines
- Be a point of escalation for your team, ensuring their ability to deliver isn’t impeded by unnecessary distractions or issues
- Work with business stakeholders to define requirements and create conversational designs/flows to be implemented in our Chatbot service
- Be a Subject Matter Expert in conversational design practices and principles
- Organise and manage the launch of new journeys with our Change Management team
- Read and interpret multiple data points & reports to understand performance and insight of conversational journeys
- Stay up-to-date with changes and enhancements to the software and tools your team uses on a regular basis
- Challenge existing thinking, processes and structures to constantly evolve and create the best solutions
- Have the ability to manage multiple work streams/projects simultaneously and context switch frequently
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent team manager able to inspire and support a growing team
- Experience building conversational journeys for a Chatbot service/product
- Experience working with, and training, Natural Language Processing / Understanding (e.g. IBM Watson, Microsoft Luis)
- You’ll have a proactive nature, always looking to improve the product, your team and yourself
- You’ll have an eye for detail to ensure change is well thought through and successfully delivered
- You’ll have excellent analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills to analyse and interpret business challenges or data
- You’ll be able to pull, read and understand data from different sources and present the data in a digestible format for stakeholders (Excel experience is desirable)
- You’ll have excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to simplify complex issues for all levels
- You’ll be a great communicator who can build long-lasting relationships to foster collaboration both within your own team with other teams
- Understanding, and interest in digital channels and technology
Customer Service Group:
In our Customer Service Group Team, we aim to offer the best customer service through our amazing people. Whether you’re a frontline colleague speaking to a customer, or one of brilliant support people, you’ll have the passion for creating great experiences for our people and our customers. We help connect our customers to the products and entertainment that they love, and as part of our fast-paced team, no two days are the same.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Dunfermline, Livingstone & Leeds
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A job you ❤️ to talk about