Content Strategist, Conversational Designer
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key contributor to our autonomous vehicle and electrification efforts, you can dramatically change the way the world moves. Ford is seeking visionary, highly skilled, and ambitious professionals to help us create an innovative and scalable autonomous vehicle business. Join us and improve the movement of people and goods while delivering an intuitive, enjoyable, and trusted experience.
The D-Ford Experience Design (XD) team is growing and looking for members to envision the future of mobility! We are looking for creative individuals to be a part of our journey who can help further the vision and mission of the XD team. We are committed to envisioning and creating simple, thoughtful, enjoyable, and compelling product and service experiences that continually encourage our teams and customers!
What you’ll be able to do:
- Provide leadership and own the point-of-view for conversational design
- Manage the vision and strategy of conversational interfaces for in-ride experiences in autonomous vehicles and electric vehicles used for rideshare
- Define and supply to product roadmaps, in collaboration with digital product designers, content strategists, copywriters, brand leads, service designers, and software developers
- Identify conversational design needs and solutions through partnerships, new technologies, purchased and custom software, in collaboration with Software Engineering
- Direct the work of digital content strategist(s) and copywriter(s) in support of conversational design roadmap priorities
- Develop and prioritize in-vehicle conversational interface requirements across AV software platforms and applications needed to provide the desired experiences
- Direct the work of one to multiple software development teams to ensure accurate and vital content delivery mechanisms are built
- Work closely with designers and writers to concept and explore potential conversational experiences through rapid prototyping and user testing online and in vehicles
- Guide research, proof of concepts and pilots to test conversational interfaces in-market; interpret findings and add to the appropriate roadmap and/or backlog
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years' experience in conversation design, content strategist, creating artifacts such as messaging guidelines, metadata, content matrices
- 2+ years' experience as a conversational designer or voice-based interaction designer
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience leading conversational design work, in particular, creating equivalent experiences using audio, speech recognition, and gestural content
- Experience with content tagging, localization, and/or personalization using data
- Adapting brand voice and tone into new content types
- Experience working directly and collaboratively with digital product designers and developers
- Agile approach
- Understanding of current voice technologies, conversational design standard methodologies
- Hands-on experience with design thinking as a methodology
- Excellent conceptual skills, with the ability to convert concepts into requirements and user stories
- Ability to innovate, visualize and prototype new concepts to demonstrate ideas and potential conversational interface opportunities
- Ability to communicate the value of product features and identify trade-offs to deliver useful digital products
- Ability to build product roadmaps, visualize roadmaps, and put them in context of larger program roadmaps
- Experience with conversational interface engagement metrics and optimization techniques for voice-based applications
- Experience with current content delivery platforms
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills – business, technology, design, marketing, customer service – to achieve desired outcomes
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Join us in helping to build a better world by shaping the future of mobility