Conversational AI Developer
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Conversational AI DeveloperJob Description
What will you do?
- Develop and build Conversational AI application using best-in-class cloud platform, LivePerson
- Develop meaningful analytic conclusions and recommend innovative solutions
- Work with NodeJS and related technologies to design and build RESTful webservices and other custom solutions
- Interpret and analyze live transcript and various input data with the goal of identifying and refining user intents
- Build SDK’s and best practices to enable integrations between various platforms within the enterprise
- Agile ceremonies, code reviews and work to integrate within existing DevOps pipelines
- Work in a collaborative team aimed at delivering high-value solutions
- Research and stay abreast of best-practices in Conversational AI development
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and authentication (OAuth) management
- Experience with automated tests, version control (e.g. Git) and data formats such as JSON, XML
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working Experience with one of the following NLU platforms (LivePerson, Dialogflow, MS LUIS, Amazon Lex) or similar platform
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience with Conversational Design best practices
- Experience utilizing NLP to mine unstructured text data
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
What is the opportunity?
As a Conversational AI Developer, you will be part of a team responsible for developing and helping to stand up RBC’s Async Messaging Platform. You will be working on building technology components that RBC platform developers and business leverage to deliver business value. You will be working in Conversational AI cloud platform using the latest advancements in Natural Language Processing (NLP) to establish this new channel of engagement for the bank.
We’re looking for someone to envision how an AI powered chatbot can and should function using the best practices in NLU development. You will help create a foundation whereby others can build on and at each stage, you will work closely the business to ensure that the final product exceeds expectations.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ideas Happen Here.