Senior Conversation Experience Designer
Primarily you will be responsible for designing and building both voice and text driven conversational user interfaces.
Join a diverse, open-minded and dynamic team bringing voice and digital journeys to life with conversational AI solutions incorporating IVR, chatbots and live chat. You will support innovative, international organisations with crafting conversational interactions, building their conversational flow and creating and optimising their linguistic models using Nuance’s artificial intelligence, machine learning and human-assisted technologies.
We are looking for a thoughtful, astute and curious people-person with a passion for technology and creating a superior user experience. This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation at the forefront of digital transformation.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Discover and analyse requirements from both the customer and user perspective. Balance user advocacy with the commercial and technical needs of our customers.
- Create effective conversational journey designs, from sketching high-level flows right through to agreeing precise wording choices.
- Participate in the implementation of your designs using Nuance’s dialog and NLU tooling.
- Analyse performance of conversational interfaces in day-to-day use via performance metrics and user experience measures, and recommend specific changes to improve performance and user satisfaction based on the results.
- Train our customers on how to use Nuance’s tools and guide them in the best practices for creating conversational user interfaces.
- Contribute to the improvement of Nuance’s evolving body of global best practices and products by sharing experiences and ideas with the wider Nuance community.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Masters/Bachelors degree in Human Computer Interaction, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or a related field.
Minimum years of work experience: 3
- Exceptional native level written and spoken UK English. Your spelling is excellent as are your grammatical skills.
- A minimum 3 years experience designing voice or text driven conversational user interfaces.
- Programming experience in any language. An understanding of key programming concepts and the creation of logical flows/designs to a technical level.
- Experience in analysing data and conducting usability tests to improve/optimise user interfaces and user experience.
- A professional approach and excellent presentation skills- all of our designers are customer facing.
- An eye and ear for detail.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a large and sometimes very international distributed team.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Visio, Word and Excel.
- Willing to travel to customer sites within the UK and Europe.
- Native/near-native skills in another language
- Experience working on designs incorporating Voice Biometric technology
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries,
bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically
challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our
Your application has been successfully submitted.