AWS NLP Science Team
AWS AI Labs - NLP Science Team is hiring Applied Scientists and Research Engineers at all levels, both individual contributors and people leaders, in the Seattle Area, Bay Area, Southern California, New York Area, and many other locations worldwide.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading language technology.
Our mission is to provide a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by pushing the envelope in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog management, conversational AI and Machine Learning (ML).
As part of our AI team in Amazon AWS, you will work alongside internationally recognized experts to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in human language technology. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services, as well as contributing to the wider research community. You will gain hands on experience with Amazon’s heterogeneous text and structured data sources, and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in language understanding.
We are hiring primarily in Conversational AI / Dialog System Development areas: NLP, NLU, Dialog Management, NLG.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics with specialization in natural language processing, machine translation, signal processing, or machine learning.
- Breadth and depth knowledge of ML learning algorithms.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, Java, C/C++ or Perl.
- Proven track record of successfully applying ML-based solutions to complex problems in business, science, or engineering.
- Experience in building natural language processing, natural language understanding and dialogue systems (e.g., commercial products or government projects)
- Solid Machine Learning background and hands-on experience with neural deep learning methods.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
- Solid software development experience.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- The pay range for this position is $167,300 - $212,800/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act, the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code, the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.