Senior Designer (US), Conversational
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store No8 was formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
Designers on the Conversational Commerce team build products that introduce conversational-based shopping experiences to customers via Text, Voice, and more. Our team is committed to radically improving the lives of our customers by removing the burden of planning and shopping on people’s everyday lives.
As a member of the Conversational Commerce team, you will champion our customer and experiences. We are just getting started and grunt work will need to be done, experimentation will be expected, and rapid prototyping will be a must -- all this is to bring the best conversational experience to our customers. You will perform under pressure, thrive in ambiguity, and have a passion to challenge design conventions while still delivering useful and usable experiences. Designers will maintain an inclusive design process and invite partners to co-create and collaborate on the experiences that our customers will interact with. You will work across all aspects of the product cycle, including user research, intent training, collaborative ideation, bot writing, prototyping, and testing.
Who will love this role
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will go the extra mile for the company’s success and our user’s happiness
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the customer experience
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategies will shift and priorities will change but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What you will do
- Lead the charge for customer conversational experience and translate business needs into conversational use cases
- Iterate and experiment to create beautiful, functional, and thoughtful conversational designs that delight and meet the needs of our customers
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner with engineering, product management, data science (among other stakeholders) to find solutions to deliver value to people
- Plan, write and edit conversational dialogue plus develop UI and/or UI frameworks for multi-modal experiences
- Develop a deep understanding for how the Walmart customer shops and speaks
- Facilitate and design workshops to help teams uncover opportunities, objectives and solutions
- Conduct user research (including chat log analysis, contextual interviews, etc.) to uncover user needs, pain points, and behaviors, leading to strategic and actionable product direction
- Be able to articulate experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience to a diverse group of people
- Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms and frameworks for new conversational interaction models
- Maintain and adhere to brand voice and bot personality to create a consistent conversational experience
- Evangelize the design process by promoting the purpose of design and the impact that it makes
What we expect
- 7+ years of experience working as a Conversational Designer, Linguist, Content Strategist, UX Designer, UX Writer or a relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Experience presenting to, and working with, cross-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Strong working knowledge of tools (e.g. Botmock, Botsociety, Dialogflow, etc)
- Startup experience a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience.
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software DesignPrimary Location...
8461 Avenue Ne, Redmond, WA 98052-3863, United States of America
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Save money. Live better.