Senior VUI Designer
About the job
VUI Interface Designer
Who We Are
Pindrop, a leader in fraud detection and caller authentication, aims to provide security, identity, and intelligence for every voice interaction. Pindrop is propelling enterprises and consumers toward a voice-driven future by unlocking the value of every voice interaction. Interacting with a financial institution, a digital assistant, a video chat, or a smart device can provide access to our unique identity, and open new capabilities not possible without proper security or intelligence evoked solely from a voice. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
Pindrop For Business: Pindrop helps contact centers get more from their voice interactions. Pindrop provides security, identity, and intelligence on calls and IVR interactions to help quickly authenticate customers, protect against fraud attacks, and the needed intelligence to serve customers more efficiently.
Pindrop For Devices: Pindrop can help enterprises and developers unlock more value in voice-driven applications. Pindrop’s Voice API integrates into platforms, services, and apps for user management, active enrollment, and voice analysis.
Pindrop For Communication: Pindrop can help to create the right environment and conditions for better interactions. Using technology to enrich those interactions by protecting the space in which they occur from unauthorized entry or observation for better education and training. Enriching interactions by eliminating background noise or using speaker diarization helps companies stay focused, organized, and productive. Additionally, providing trust in those interactions so people know what they are seeing is real is even more essential in our increasingly digital world.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop has raised over $223M in capital by premier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What You’ll Do
The Designer/IVR Business Analyst will help our customers design and build personalized and secure voice channel user interfaces utilizing Pindrop's latest fraud detection and authentication products. If you are passionate about making voice the world's most secure interface while delivering exceptional customer experiences, we are looking for you.
- Analyze customer call flows, scripts and agent processes to identify opportunities to decrease friction, secure high risk transactions, and reduce average handle time with Pindrop's capabilities
- Create detailed call flow designs for IVR and agent interactions depicting Pindrop’s API integrations, operationalization of Pindrop’s fraud and authentication data, and recommendations to improve the customer and agent experience
- Evangelize best practices in design presentations to delight customers
- Leverage iterative design principles and usability testing of call flows to constantly improve the quality and functionality of the designs
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering, Research and Business Intelligence teams to optimize Pindrop's performance within customer environments
- Support Sales teams in the creation of vision scripts and sample
Call Flows To Showcase Pindrop's Capabilities And Demonstrate
value to our customers
- Create and evaluate design specifications to ensure they meet or exceed customer expectations and achieve expected ROI
- Provide testing support and validation during client implementation
- Support customers post-delivery with data-based analysis to ensure continued and expanding use of our products
Who You Are
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently but know when to ask questions
- You are curious with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- You are driven to optimize intelligence to create unparalleled experiences for your customers
- You have a proven track record of timely work product delivery
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under promise and over deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- 3-7+ years voice interface design or relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of IVR platforms and call flow design (cloud and on premise environments)
- Familiarity with contact center environments
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Ability to multi-task while performing varied tasks across many projects
- Experience designing with a variety of voice channel tools and applications including Lucidchart, Visio, and standard Microsoft Office products
- Experience debugging voice user interfaces, responding to defect reports and providing recommendations for tuning enhancements
- Proven track record of successful and timely work product delivery
- Demonstrated technical knowledge including API usage and data analysis
- Strong client facing communication skills (written and verbal)
- Established internal cross team collaboration abilities
- Experience with emerging technologies such as Conversational AI as well as legacy IVR platforms ideal
- Familiarity with use of Computer Telephony Integration principles to enable efficient and expedited interactions for callers and contact center agents
- BS in Computer Science, Linguistics or relevant discipline or experience preferred
- Prior experience in a start-up environment strongly desired
What’s In It For You
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest (no joke…nearly 1 in 3 Pindrop employees has a Ph.D.). We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
As a Voice User Interface Designer at Pindrop, you will delight our customers by designing and implementing experiences that provide security, identity and intelligence for voice interactions.
- Within 30 days you’ll be able to:
- Understand each of the Pindrop products and the differences and similarities between them.
- Understand each customer use case, business case and operationalization process they have in place for each Pindrop product.
- Shadow project teams in delivery to gain insight on overall project cadence and VUI specific activities.
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers.
- Within 60 days you’ll be able to:
- Begin creating high level sample designs to showcase the use of Pindrop’s intelligence and its value to the overall customer experience.
- Support requests for design needs for customers in a sustaining relationship.
- Within 90 days you’ll be able to:
- Design solutions from start to finish, leveraging the team of experts around you to supply feedback and assistance where needed.
- Teach us something new!
What We Offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Remote-first culture
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- We want it all! While most of us work remotely, we call our beautiful, modern, and collaborative Atlanta HQ office home. We celebrate being together with frequent lunches and events, (think Mardi Gras, Cinco Di Mayo, Black History Month, Diwali, etc.) complete with beer & wine. We have ample space for team meetings, All-Hands, hackathons, and more.
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Focus Thursdays, reserving the first Thursday of the month for focus time and no internal meetings
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
- Flex schedules
What We Live By
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Security, Identity & Intelligence On Every Voice