Product Manager - Conversational AI
We are looking for a Product Manager that will be responsible for driving the SaaS strategy in support of Nuance’s market leading Conversational AI and speech recognition portfolio as we transition to the cloud. It is an exciting time to be involved with Conversational AI as the technology is being rapidly adopted across varied markets for diverse use cases. In this role you will work in collaboration with Product Development, Professional Services, Marketing and Sales to define a product roadmap that accelerates innovation and market adoption of advanced SaaS based Conversational AI solutions including Natural Language Understanding, Text to Speech and Speech to Text technologies. Responsibilities include gathering feedback from customers and stakeholders, creating a clear roadmap, and prioritizing work efforts with our agile engineering team to deliver as part of our SaaS Conversational AI Platform which enables the creation and curation of self-service customer experiences.
- In this role as a Product Manager you will be responsible for driving the product roadmap across multiple releases with a coherent strategy derived from annual planning.
- Manage delivery of SaaS solutions both via direct sales and through channel partners, and adopted by Nuance internal customers.
- As a thought leader, drive a multi-year platform strategy that supports continued growth and evolution of Nuance’s digital Artificial Intelligence solutions.
- Conduct market, customer, and competitive research to inform strategic direction
- Expand the usage of AI in our portfolio and across channels.
- Monitor KPIs of product success and take corrective action as needed.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and security.
- Pro-actively track competitors and maintain information on the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors. Identify and analyse opportunities, threats and propose both offensive and defensive strategies.
- Sales enablement and support - Provide support to sales through training and tools to drive field awareness and enable sales to open new customer conversations to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Lead customer projects to ensure a winning deployment and success story with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Document product requirements, user stories and artefacts to support the product development process. Bring a great product to life with a solid business case.
- Create, document and communicate product roadmaps, product positioning and different product offering to establish market leadership.
- Develop and implement a go-to-market strategy including commercial offers with transactional pricing models for direct sales and partners, in coordination with sales, marketing and other relevant stakeholders.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly with internal and external stakeholders, including professional services, R&D, sales, and key customers (collaboration & influence).
- Strong technical background in a high technology related software environment, with a solid understanding of integrated software solutions
- Experience with tracking and delivering outcomes including customer KPI and managing internal margins with a desire to take ownership of these solutions.
- Creative problem solving, ability to make difficult prioritization decisions. A keen eye for details, strong leadership skills, time managements and ability to spot and document deviations/anomalies.
- Experience in all stages of Product Development from inception, requirements, design, development, testing and go-to-market.
- Experience using Agile methodology or similar tools and processes.
- Excellent relationship skills, able to build rapport quickly and easily with domain experts.
- Experience in bringing new ideas and innovation to life in a collaborative manner and driving cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of QA Automation, SDLC methodologies, tools and processes.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in with speech recognition, natural language processing, and or machine learning.
- Experience with building products that integrate Voicebot, IVR, Contact Center, machine learning and/ or NLP technologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies and frameworks
- Experience with delivering Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- Familiar with Product Management methodologies and tools including in JIRA, AHA, and Confluence
- Sound understanding and implementation of Pragmatic Marketing concepts
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.