Principal Product Manager – Conversational AI
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
About the Role
Principal Product Manager creates products that delight our customers and drive business impact. This role leads cross-functional teams to execute on a product vision in a high-growth business. The role coordinates multiple teams delivering complex projects over a series of releases. Definition, delivery and oversight over the Data and Personalization strategy is fundamental to this position. Working with senior leadership to deliver overall business objectives is the key success metric for this position. This position needs to coordinate the Integrating with Machine Learning and Conversation Designers. Through this collaboration, the team will deliver an experience that helps optimize our customers’ and experts’ experience and bring value to both. It is essential to work within the LEAN and Agile methodologies to accomplish goals. A strong technical mastery of complex run-time systems along with an ability to debug and drive to a root cause across multiple systems is a core competency for this role. An ability to drive operationally successful outcomes is also key to success. Understanding how Natural Language Processing and/or chatbots highly work and evolve to meet business demands is at the core of this role. Statistical Methodologies are the heart of our testing methodologies and a working knowledge is fundamental to successful test setup.
What You’ll Do
- Help define and deliver an omnichannel Chatbot Platform Strategy through ideation, development, deployment, and continuous improvement
- Work with customer research, analytics, and competitive intelligence teams to develop a strong outside-in perspective and identify the biggest areas of business and customer impact
- Define and analyze product metrics to inform decision-making, measure business success, and ensure operational excellence
- Employ a data-driven approach to improve engineer productivity and product satisfaction
- Drive for increased efficiency in a dynamic environment where innovation is the norm
- Work with database architects to help define and refine our Data Strategy
- Collaborate with various Product teams to understand how data can be utilized for personalization across the site
- Work with machine learning engineers and internal customers to define tooling for continuous data labeling
- Help to identify opportunity and drive improvement and innovation within our platform
What We’re Looking For
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, statistics, or a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) discipline if preferred
- 8+ years of business-to-consumer product management experience focusing on hands-on execution for cross-organization products
- Prior startup experience a must
- International experience a plus
- Experience building and scaling a product from the ground up
Required Technical Knowledge and Skills
- LEAN and Agile methodologies and practices
- Technical mastery of complex run-time systems
- Ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally
- Understanding of key technologies and ability to converse at a technical level
- Knowledge of product and business metrics
- High-level of accountability and acts an owner, develops effective short and long-term plans and goals
- Provides timely, effective, and meaningful feedback that motivates others to improve performance
- Builds and/or supports a high performing team; recognizes and rewards achievement
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing and/or chatbots
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies and analyses
Why Join the Team
With 1,000 employees and a Glassdoor rating of 4.5 (Oh yes, check it out here!), we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
Data driven: Data decides, not egos
Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
Innovative: We 're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- United Healthcare PPO, Kaiser
- FSA and HSA options, including Dependent Care Spending
- Dental & Vision
- Employer paid Long & Short - Term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- $75 monthly Remote-Work stipend
- $360 annual Wellness stipend
- $200 per year for registration fees for fitness events, races, and marathons
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your home
- Flexible paid time off
- 11 company holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable donation matching
- JustAnswer subscription with access to 12,000 experts in over 700 categories
And let's not forget having fun! Our Minister of Fun organizes weekly pop-up lotteries for prizes, monthly virtual bingo, trivia competitions, photo contests, puzzles, virtual mixed-team lunches, and spirited company-wide challenges!
JustAnswer US has adopted a remote-first/full-remote work environment from most US-based locations. Some teams do occasionally have the option to meet in-person for teaming, collaboration, or social events. With employee wellbeing as a top priority, where legally permissible, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend these optional in-person events.
Remote From these States
California/Connecticut/Florida/Georgia/Idaho/Illinois/Indiana/Massachusetts/Michigan/New Jersey/Nevada/New Mexico/New York/North Carolina/Ohio/Oregon/Pennsylvania/South Carolina/Texas/Virginia/Vermont/Washington/Wisconsin/West Virginia
Our philosophy as a business is to put people’s safety and wellbeing first. In response to Covid-19, JustAnswer US practices 100% virtual recruiting and onboarding processes.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help people