Full Time, Remote
Our vision is to make mental health radically accessible.
We are a team of innovators, experts and business builders who have come together to develop advanced technologies that can transform healthcare.
We’re focused on addressing the vast, unmet need for improved engagement and outcomes in mental health with Woebot, a digital coach that helps people engage more deeply and continuously in their mental health. Woebot's breakthrough is its ability to form a human-level bond with people using the latest in NLP, ML and other advanced technologies. Leveraging this therapeutic bond, and the expertise of our Stanford-trained clinicians and scientists, Woebot is constantly learning from the experience of more than one million people and hundreds of millions of messages exchanged to deliver high quality CBT-based therapeutic tools that are psychologically related and responsive to a person’s dynamic state of health.
Our work to advance human-centered technology has attracted a lot of attention. Today we’ve amassed more mentions in the scientific literature than any other digital therapeutic company, and are regularly featured as the architects of a radically new approach to mental health. But we’ve only just begun. With the backing of some of the world’s most forward thinking investors and a new round of funding complete, we’re poised to redefine how people access mental health care.
Are you ready to create a new future for mental health, for everyone? Let's do it together!
You will be a core member responsible for designing, writing, building & deploying outcome-focused interactions on a global scale. You will be using our proprietary Conversation Management System (CMS) to deliver impactful conversations that support, and are responsive to, the lived experience of mental health problems; both in the moment and across a mental health journey. You will have the unique opportunity to craft dialogue that impacts users' well-being and in the process, you’ll learn more about conversational design principles, human-computer interaction, and evidence-based psychotherapeutic interventions. You care about the vast unmet need for quality mental health services and are energized to contribute to the solution. Your user-centered writing will help position Woebot as a new standard in digital therapeutics.
- 4+ years of experience in a Conversational, interactive or UX writing role.
- 1+ years of experience in creating interactions for virtual assistants (i.e. chatbots, voice assistants) or other relevant product areas.
- Bachelors’ degree in English, UX, HCI, Creative writing, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong technical proficiency with the ability to effectively diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management, Design, User Research, Engineering, and Localization teams.
- Applied knowledge of conversation design principles & a champion of a user-first approach.
- Exceptional design writing and editing skills with a passion for innovation.
- Ability to synthesize multiple perspectives to create clear and compelling conversational journey.
- You are both detail-oriented and a big-picture thinker.
- Interaction or UX Design expertise.
- Experience working with Content Management Systems.
- Experience in the healthcare industry - digital therapeutic experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with UX research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
- Fluency in English/Spanish translation.
- Experience using Lucid Chart and Asana.
If you think you are a great fit for the role and don't have the exact qualifications please complete the pre-application project below.
In your first month
- You’ll learn about the design principles underpinning Woebot interactions. You’ll be familiarizing yourself with the product, problem space and what we know about our audiences.
- You’ll begin learning about our CMS and how you’ll use it to create innovative interactions.
- You’ll understand how the UX and product teams work, the processes they use to be successful, and begin to establish solid working relationships therein.
In your second month
- You’ll have written and shipped improvements in current interactions using the CMS.
- You’ll have an understanding of our clinical interventions, Woebot’s conversational infrastructure, and how they are architected in our systems.
- You will be supporting and contributing to content design, writing, and implementation for existing projects and will have read and digested how to write in Woebot’s voice.
In your third month and beyond
- You will be translating conversation designs into meaningful empathic, supportive, therapeutic interactions.
- You will be designing, writing, implementing, and deploying interactions within Woebot.
- You will be collaborating with product management, developers, content writers, and other stakeholders across the company to bring projects to fruition.
- You will be responsible for inputting conversations into our technology structure and helping test and monitor their success.
- You will be translating user needs and clinical principles into lean, user-focused, engaging conversations. Collaborating closely with your teammates to regularly test, and ship content.
- You are ensuring that Woebot’s voice and design principles are well-represented throughout interventions.
- You will be actively contributing to the evolution of our design principles, style guides, and proprietary CMS.
- You will be utilizing ML/NLP models throughout your interaction designs.
Our Core Values:
- Empathic: You’re a compassionate person and a team player motivated to understand others and help them be successful, too. You care as deeply for your colleagues as you do for our mission and our users.
- Self-aware: You possess a high level of emotional intelligence, which allows you to understand yourself and others, and to have a healthy emotional life in the workplace.
- Proactive & flexible: You are able to hit the ground running, you take responsibility for finding a way to get the job done. You learn as quickly as possible and sometimes do things outside the immediate scope of your work, giving it all you’ve got.
- Strong work ethic: You’ve mastered healthy habits in your life that allow you to do great things. You exemplify dedication and commitment to coming up with very good results in your work and inspire others to do the same.
- Growth mindset: You believe abilities – like intelligence and talent – can be developed through dedication and hard work. You see failure as an opportunity to grow and welcome feedback as a pathway to your continued success.
- Humble: You recognize that you are one among many, and you hold a genuine desire to discover what other people can offer. You are intrigued by how others think, and how others feel differently from you. You lean into these moments with patience and curiosity.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Groundbreaking digital therapeutics for mental health