Senior Software Engineer, iOS – Conversational AI
About Global Tech.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.3 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Being human-led is our true disruption.
About Conversational AI
As the Conversational AI team we are building completely new capabilities to allow our customers to shop by seamlessly interacting with their connected devices using spoken language. This team is part of the Emerging tech organization and will build new voice experiences both in-house and in collaboration with strategic partners. Voice as a medium for shopping is still in its infancy and as part of this team you will get to work on industry leading solutions and be at the forefront of this emerging platform.
· Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide.
· Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentorship to a small group of highly skilled and motivated engineers.
· Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
· Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
· Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross- functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements);
· Writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; collaborating with the project team and cross-functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on- time delivery and hand-offs;
· Seek ways to improve the software and its effectiveness.
· Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
· 5+ years of experience in design and development of iOS mobile apps
· Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns.
· Expertise in React native app development
· Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
· Mobile-first design and responsive code deeply ingrained in your thought process.
· Deep knowledge of Swift, Core Data, UI design principles, patterns and best practices
· Experience with publishing apps to Appstore
· Experienced with cloud message APIs and push notifications
· Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
· Highly experienced working with REST APIs for deep integrations. general best practices, shortcomings, trade-offs, etc
· Strong hands on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
· CI/CD development environments/tools: Git, Docker, Kubernetes.
· Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
· Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short term implications of design decisions.
· Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies
· Experience in working with large code bases and effectively driving large projects
· Experience in mentoring engineers and influencing other engineers across the organization
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Good problem-solving attitude and analytical skills
Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
NEW BUSINESS AND EMERGING TECH
Swift, Objective C, iOS, Core Data
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Years Of Exp
6 to 10 Years
Senior Software Engineer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re powering the next great retail disruption – join our team and make your mark.