Tech Lead – Chat Platforms
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tech Lead, Contact Center Chat Platforms. As a Tech Lead you will be a vital member for the IVR & Call Center technologies, serving as an expert on the needs and desires of our customers. Reporting to the Director of Voice and Natural Language Platforms, you’ll use your expertise to build, support & provide technical leadership to analyze, design, and deliver clinical/business solutions. This position is also responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our mission-critical customer-facing Chat bot and Chat applications. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in contact center technologies, Conversational IVRs, AI frameworks and methods and an in-depth knowledge of how call flows are designed. You will lend expertise to answer technical consulting questions, individually or as part of a project team and serve as a subject matter expert who can represent creative solutions, process, and strategy related to Enterprise Contact Center technology, architecture, infrastructure, applications, and process. Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects, including product development, merger and acquisition, and divestiture activities, with an open and creative mindset focused on delivering contact center and/or Customer solutions. Critical aspects of the position include overall quality of the chat and chat bot, integrations with other relevant applications, QA, testing, and ongoing monitoring of the systems, documenting procedures, and implementing changes that will increase productivity, self-service, accuracy, and effectiveness in the inbound call distribution platform. Your success will be measured by achieving subscriber growth and satisfaction targets. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Tech Lead, Contact Center Chat Platforms, your responsibilities will include:
- Translate business requirements to full stack solutions using Contact Center systems such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Call Recording, Intent Identifications, Conversational language, Workforce Management and Quality Assurance for multi-channel contact management of voice, email, chat, SMS messaging, etc.
- Use IVR/market insights to establish differentiated value propositions that solve customer pain points and improve caller experience by designing the best chat/chatbot intents
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring in new strategies for an efficient Chatbot development QA, testing and report results to management
- Troubleshoot on the production platform to include Chat and Chatbot related issues; identify sources of issue and fix or coordinate resources to fix
- Complete Root Cause Analysis and recommend solutions
- Work in conjunction with the call center management system vendor, software development team and internal business teams to deploy builds to the production and test environments
- Conduct periodic demonstrations for review of existing chat, chat to salesforce/service integrations, chatbot implementations
- Provide high quality support and work in a collaborative environment with systems administrators, DBAs, developers, and business stakeholders
- Continuously audit and analyze inbound call volumes to ensure high data quality
- Make recommendations on continuous process improvement
- Evaluate and recommend new functionality and improved processes
- Participate in periodic business control development and testing
- Develop/improve production reporting on all chat/chatbot metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- Focus on a conversational based implementations and leverage technologies like CCAI, Watson.
- Design with reusable components for both Chat and Chat bots
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices for all things Unified Communications.
- Be responsible for identifying gaps and issues, recommend areas of opportunity, determine potential timing and sequencing of improvement initiatives, and define the costs and benefits of proposed solutions and champion them
- Lead a team of contact center developers with specialized focus on critical system components including both the platform and application stacks
- Identify areas for expansion and improvement by maintaining a forward-looking vision to help assess potential avenues/opportunities to apply contact center technologies with new and unforeseen applications
- Collaborate with App Dev, IT Operations, and IT Security teams on planned project requirements and enterprise solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new infrastructure solutions and enhancements. Perform proof of concepts and create and present proposals to senior management.
- As needed, work closely with vendors to procure equipment and services as they relate to the Contact Center.
- Provide oversight and guidance during Contact Center related outage scenarios
- Participate in business continuity and disaster recovery planning to minimize work disruption.
- Work closely with the business leaders in matching the technology to the changing demands of the business
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, and related disciplines
- Deep Understanding and experience with Contact Center as a Service
- Comprehensive understanding of Contact center technologies, Google, Genesys Cloud, and relevant technologies such as Google CCAI, Dialog flow ES, Dialog flow CX, Watson, GVP or Nuance Mix Tools
- 2+ years of experience in BOT development for voice applications in Google Dialog flow, Nuance Mix or any popular Conversational IVR platform
- Experience in coding using either Java, C++, or Python
- Experience building or leveraging machine learning solutions and developing applications utilizing AI frameworks and methods.
- Experience with Build and Use AI (e.g., ML templates, deep learning, and custom ML).
- Knowledge of Core Java, Servlets, JSP, Web-Services, REST based micro-services, Spring framework, Spring Core, Spring Boot, JAVA/J2EE.
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence
- Hand on experience with agile and scrum development methodologies.
- Experience in NLP (Natural Language Processing) & NLU (Natural Language Understanding), ML (Machine Learning), Conversational AI
- Experience in automated testing desired.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication Skills.
- Solid Presentation Skills.
- Experience presenting to Senior Management and other Stakeholders.
- Ability to self-manage projects including but not limited to these planning types: task, resource, communication, risk, and financial.
- Experience building trusted relationships internally and externally
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in Genesys IVR technologies
- Experience in agile development methodologies
- Experience driving contact center customer experience transformation and adoption efforts.
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All people and businesses should have access to the connectivity they need to accomplish what's important.